Investment Information Services Analyst
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Capital Group
- 19 Jan 17
Investment Information Services Analyst
Req ID: 7306
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): Los Angeles (CA)
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
Global Client Services encompasses several business functions that require interaction with our clients and their intermediaries. Global Client Services mission is to deliver effective, efficient and pro-active service to clients, prospects and intermediaries globally. The organization is a collection of teams who specialize in one particular area of client service.
As an Investment Information Services Analyst, based in Los Angeles, California, you will work independently on most assignments to manage, maintain and provide key organizational, investment strategy and portfolio information for delivery to internal and external clients, intermediaries, and third parties. When needed, you will work with support of more senior staff on complex projects, analyses, and tasks and collaborate with others to identify opportunities to streamline department processes, applications and system efficiencies.
- Ensures effective and efficient service to internal and external customers of CG data.
- Provides comprehensive quantitative and qualitative information about CG's institutional investment strategies including results, portfolio characteristics, portfolio attribution, investment commentary and organizational statistics.
- Leverages internal systems and teams to compile and maintain discrete organizational information regarding assets under management and investment professionals. Drives continuous improvement in processes to ensure completeness, accuracy and consistency of data in external systems.
- Ensures timely delivery of high quality data to appropriate recipients. Monitors the integrity of information and investigates and resolves discrepancies.
- Anticipates changes in customer data needs and enables team to meet any changes.
- Ensures effective service to Sales staff (e.g. ad hoc inquiries, analytical insights, regular coordination).
- Ensures data expertise provided for RFI / RFP, Client Service teams.
- Adds static data such as identifiers, fees, and registration info for new funds and share classes to databases and data vendors.
- Develops and maintains capabilities of investment information services team as the Center of Excellence for CG data.
- Fosters relationships with more senior associates to identify data sources, enhance processes and ensure issue resolution.
- Provides 'data expertise' for complex customer queries on quantitative data.
- Validates new data requests and assess feasibility.
- Ensures continuous alignment with Distribution and Marketing on key product information and sales efforts.
- Builds and fosters relationships with internal customers to ensure investment information services capabilities are maximized.
- Interprets and delivers insights from database search analytics to Sales staff.
- Ensures accurate and consistent presentation of all CG strategies on external systems in alignment with overall sales / marketing strategy.
- Facilitates vendor relationship management and ensures operational effectiveness.
- Serves as a primary resource to the business for consultant and third party database function and related information.
- Responds to standard and complex ad-hoc inquiries initiated by internal and external contacts.
- Validates/confirms accuracy of data prior to sending to clients.
- Develops, maintains and updates job aids for department processes and team workflow tools on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborates with manager and others on departmental improvements.
- Continuously examines processes in order to increase efficiency.
- Participates in projects and team or department initiatives.
- Participates in the training of other associates.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
Business & Technical Skills:
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of financial services industry, institutional sales cycle, and consultant/third party databases.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of investments and general portfolio statistics; ability to analyze data and information.
- Demonstrates basic project management skills as well as ability to organize and prioritize multiple deadlines and bring others into the process when necessary.
- Demonstrates and applies working knowledge of Capital's funds, mandates, investment process and various internal groups.
- Demonstrates comfort manipulating large amounts of data in tools such as Microsoft Excel with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and organizational skills as well as ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrate ability to balance periods of high work volumes with high degree of accuracy.
- Displays intellectual curiosity, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.39 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.