Global Investment Control Manager
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Capital Group
- 18 Jan 17
Global Investment Control Manager
Req ID: 6501
Experience Level: Manager
Other Location(s): Los Angeles (CA)
Relocation offered: Yes
Travel required: e. No Selection
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
Global Investment Control directly supports Capital Group's Investment professionals, helps implement investment decisions and facilitate the investment process. Operating from locations in North America, Europe, and Asia, core functions include order management, portfolio construction and compliance, trade support, corporate action communication and coordination, and proxy services, among others. These services support the management of equity and fixed income portfolios for retail, institutional and private clients.
As a Manager based in Los Angeles, you will play a leadership role in the Governance and Proxy group within Global Investment Control. This team supports Capital Group's proxy voting process and the Manager will oversee day-to-day activities and operations of the team. You will be responsible for ensuring Capital Group's proxy voting processes are performed at the highest level, compliance and regulatory requirements are met, and managing, assessing, and coaching the performance and development of a team of associates. You will also partner with other managers and specialists across Global Investment Control in a continued effort to streamline processes and operations across the broader business group.
- Identify, develop, and lead initiatives within Governance and Proxy, including a new technology strategy, determining priorities and goals for the group, and building a continuous improvement mindset within the team to enhance processes.
- Lead and represent the Governance and Proxy perspective in initiatives across the broader business group.
- Develop a high performing team by managing, coaching and mentoring associates, including identifying and providing associates with challenging development opportunities.
- 8+ years' experience in legal, compliance, investment operations or related experience; financial services or investment management industry experience required
- Previous management experience or demonstrated track record of leading projects, mentoring, or leading and coordinating the work of peers
- Familiarity with proxy voting process helpful, but not required
- Undergraduate degree required
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.39 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.