I.T Support - Datacentre Support, Contract, Woking
- Woking, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 24 Aug 16
Nomura are currently looking for a Datacentre I.T Support professional to work onsite at their datacentre.
I.T Support/Technical Support/Network support/Datacentre Support/Windows, Unix, Linux support
Department: Technical Operations Centre
The successful candidate will work as part of a 24x7 support team based at the Woking datacenter responsible for Datacenter/Infrastructure Operations. In addition they will partner with platform/application teams to provide inputs to the Incident Management team for any Major Incidents resulting from Events/Alerts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as the primary point of contact for onsite matters
- Manage Data Centre temporary access passes
- Coordinate activities of onsite IT hardware engineers
- Meet and escort visiting hardware engineers
- Provide Data Centre mini-inductions for visitors
- Liaise with Data Centre planning teams
- Liaise with onsite facilities staff for scheduled and break-fix M&E work
- Perform non Data Centre tasks for the TOC as part of the normal shift team, e.g. Event and Alert monitoring, 1st line fault diagnosis/repair
- Working as part of a global team, troubleshooting and resolving issues with the firm's systems, services and platforms
- Manage day-to-day operations to ensure stability, reliability and availability of applications and services for the business
- Escalating issues as necessary per established escalation policies
- Collect diagnostics and other supporting evidence to identify the root cause of problems
- Maintain all operational documentation, processes and procedures
- Ensure that all routine maintenance tasks are completedQualification, Experience & Skills:
- Skills & Experience:
- Datacenter operations experience is desirable
- Should have solid critical thinking skills and be able to collect and analyze evidence from logs, monitoring and other diagnostics
- Hands on experience for one or more OS architectures (Windows, Linux, Unix) is desirable
- Hands on experience for network support/operations is desirable
- Must have an operational background
- Knowledge or conceptual understanding of infrastructure technologies - servers, networks, core services, storage, etc.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with users
- Fast learner, ability to absorb and apply information
- Assertive, self-motivated and collaborative
- A solution-focused attitude and flexible approach
- Able to effectively balance time between day-to-day support work and project-related tasks
- Ability to prioritise and effectively triage issues
- ITIL certified is a plus or should have some understanding ITIL processes
- Strong relationship building and commuication skils
- Abilty to understand how your role relates to the overall goals of the business, a customer-focused mind-set
- Good awareness of Infrastructure/Application technologies, processes and procedures
- Ability to work within a team and to resolve conflict and deal with resistance
Successful candidates will be engaged under a contract for services by Resource Solutions.
Successful Candidates will not be employed by nor have any employment relationship with Nomura.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.