Assistant Manager - Pension Service Centre
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Rugby, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
Department Description The Pensions Service Centre plays a large part in first line customer care. The role of the department is to provide support and information to members and/or their intermediaries; to assist in resolving any queries and issues, and to actively promote Fidelity's products and services.
Purpose of your role
To provide the best possible service to our DC Full Service clients, by leading, motivating and continually developing an expanding team of Associates. Responsible for maintaining a team climate in which creativity thrives and in which processes and productivity are continuously improved.
To manage the day to day activity within the team by monitoring call flows, capacity planning and assessing business priorities effectively in order to meet the service levels. Ability to handle complaints, escalations and process related query resolutions. Ensure high standards of client service by effective call coaching, meeting client servicing needs and ensuring compliance with our procedures.
As part of our commitment to Treating Customers Fairly (TCF), you will be expected to fully adhere to and follow set procedures which are in place, ensuring that all customers you have contact with receive the highest level of customer service, on a consistent basis. It is essential that you fully understand what the 6 TCF outcomes are and how they affect your department, feeding back any client comments to your Line Manager/TCF Champion. This will enable us to continuously review our adherence to the outcomes and identify any issues with our procedures, documentation, marketing or products
This role requires supervision of individuals and so is captured under the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Threshold and Competency (T&C) regulations.
Leadership, Team Management and Development
- Lead by example, shaping the team and driving a customer service culture
- Overseeing the processing of any transaction resulting from calls to and from the PSC
- Communicate effectively building a motivational, people orientated culture
- Drives team performance daily to achieve business goals
- Responsible for personal development planning, ongoing coaching and development of individuals through each stage of their role and the skills matrix
- Oversee staff performance
- Measure and manage staff performance utilising workflow and individual productivity tools
Customer Service and Quality Culture
- Oversee the overall performance of administration by managing and prioritising daily activities and processes ensuring service levels are in line with productivity goals
- Available to assist the team with queries and problem resolution where required
- Ensure sufficient cover is in place to ensure all areas of work/processing are adequately monitored at all times
- Drive a client service culture ensuring high-quality standards
- Handle escalated client issues, escalating further where necessary and briefing management.
- Carry out call quality monitoring remotely and side by side to enhance the call quality of team members
- Develop and maintain relationship with all areas with Fidelity UK and India
- Put forward ideas for improvements to environment, service, procedures and relationship with others in the service delivery cycle
- Identify and progress process improvements
- Effective communication to the team through a variety of methods including team meetings; 1:1 meetings; daily cascades to ensure that all team members are aware of their performance, team performance and products and procedures
- Communicate in a way that motivates the team and drives business results
- Effective communication between the business, sales and the team members
- Drive, measure and report key performance statistics to Management including; team performance, trends, escalated cases and risk issues
Drive and Initiative
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all systems, processes and procedures relating to the Department
- Recognise and manage risk
- Ensuring a broad and up to date knowledge and awareness of financial markets, particularly for the UK.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Confident questioning and effective listening skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential, with strong analytical skills and ability to identify potential risks
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and skills - effective listening and questioning
- Self-starter, demonstrating a good use of initiative and ability to work independently
- Strong time management, prioritisation and organisational skills
- UK life and pensions industry experience would be beneficial
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office - Word and Outlook, with a basic knowledge of Excel.
- FA2 & CF1 qualifications will need to be achieved within two years