Consultant - Learning and Development
- Reading, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Huntswood Plc
- 31 Jul 17
Reporting to a Principal Consultant, the Consultant will play an important part in ensuring that the L&D team leverages its internal and external relationships, and promotes the Huntswood Advisory Services (AS) 'service-line' approach, including working collaboratively with other Huntswood business units.
A Learning & Development Consultant is integrally involved in supporting the design and delivery of learning solutions and managing assignments within timescales which are frequently very demanding.
The L&D team work closely with colleagues and clients to identify, scope, develop, design and deliver bespoke learning interventions as part of a holistic approach to meet client requirements.
- To provide focused learning and development expertise within Huntswood's AS practice, mainly in the UK financial services sector
- To support in the design, development and delivery of a range of learning and development interventions, as required
- To oversee and manage engagements (as a Project Manager or Work Stream Lead), taking responsibility for project planning, quality of deliverables and project risks, whilst also understanding our commercial drivers
- To support with business development, by attending client meetings, as well as identifying 'sell-on' opportunities during client engagements.
- To work independently on designated project tasks which will be both internal and client-facing
- To play an active part in developing AS/L&D propositions and capabilities along with related marketing activities
- To help deliver personal and team targets in line with the overarching AS business plan
- To keep abreast of issues that may affect the industry and client, through keeping professional knowledge up to date
- Delivering on AS (and L&D) financial and utilisation targets in accordance with the agreed business plan
- Demonstrating excellence in client delivery - using Huntswood's post engagement surveys (and personally feedback) to create compelling case studies and testimonials
- Development of good working relationships with key Huntswood stakeholders to ensure a joined-up approach, and promote AS cross-service-line/blended opportunities
- Compliance with internal controls including CRM, timesheets, and project reporting
- Demonstration of personal development - whether technical, knowledge or skills based, in line with your Personal Development Plan (which will be aligned to the AS Business Plan)
- Experience of working within an L&D function or provider supporting the analysis, design and delivery of learning solutions.
- Good understanding of L&D principles and practices, including emerging trends
- Knowledge of regulatory issues in the UK financial services sector, and how L&D solutions can support
- Some experience of managing project teams in a consulting/L&D environment
- Ability and willingness to work independently and proactively e.g. on projects where management is not present
- Capable of managing internal and external stakeholder relationships, including liaising and forming effective working relationships at an operational level
- Track record of personal development in relevant subject areas i.e. 'a life-long learner'
- Good presentation skills
- Good written, verbal, and IT skills
- Strong organisational skills
To work with, Huntswood's employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
- Confidential, reliable and genuine
- Dynamic, passionate and determined
- Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."