Structured Finance Analyst
- Up to £30,000 dependant on experience
- Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Arc Ratings
- 19 Sep 17
ARC is currently looking for Analysts to join its fast growing Structured Finance team based in Maidstone, Kent.
• Present to and discuss recommendations for new ratings or rating changes with a rating committee and communicate
ARC’s credit opinions externally for new Structured Finance ratings as well as review and surveillance of existing
• Assume responsibility for rating Structured Finance transactions (with guidance)
• Compile loss models and cash flow models related to structured finance transactions.
• Participation in, and ideally initiate, ad-hoc sector commentaries and topical research.
• Ability to provide input to rating methodologies
• Attend meetings with client management
• Liaising and communicating ratings and rating rationale to senior management of client companies
• Interaction with issuers, investors and bankers.
• Compilation and maintenance of a peer comparison database as well as some involvement with analysis of corporate
The structured finance sector includes (in whatever jurisdiction) any securitisation, any covered bond, and structured bond, any secured bond, credit linked securities, any asset backed funding vehicles/programmes, structured credit/equity, preference shares, hybrid equity, subordinated debt, structured arbitrage vehicles/programmes, project finance transactions, and any other type of structured transactions not specifically mentioned above.
• Analytical skills evidenced by experience in an analytical or similar role (an advantage)
• Previous Structured Finance experience an advantage, but not essential
• Strong quantative skills
• Cash-flow modelling / spread sheet creation skills – High level of ability with Excel
• Good written and verbal communications skills in English
• Ability to communicate well with senior management
• Pro-active, self-motivated professional, who works well in a team environment, as well as on an individual basis
• Ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously and work under pressure
• Ability to prioritise and to work to deadlines
• Ability to travel across EMEA on a regular basis as required
Please send C.V.s and cover email to Michelle Ellis by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 1st October 2017