Vice President , Business Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit UK
- 19 Jun 17
Markit Loan Settlement is an electronic trade processing platform for efficiently settling syndicated loan trades. Used by buyers, sellers, agent banks and legal professionals, Markit Loan Settlement automates loan trade affirmation, confirmation and matching to facilitate the processing of loan trades. One of the Markit Loan Settlement platforms, ClearPar, is the market leader in trade settlement. The newer Straight-Thru-Settlement platform reduces settlement delays through access to realtime agent bank data from trading counterparties and integration with client systems.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in analysis, process modelling, workflow development and communication. The candidate should also possess excellent communication skills and strong analytical skills to help the team clearly understand the product requirements and deliver thoughtful, timely solutions.
Duties & accountabilities
- Identify options for potential solutions, including assessment of technical and business suitability
- Produce detailed business and functional requirement specifications from existing systems, previous drafts, and SME interviews
- Demonstrate the ability to use a broad range of business analysis skills, methodologies and techniques including Gap Analysis, Feasibility studies, Use case modelling, etc
- Experience compiling User Stories and Use Cases to develop requirements for the Development team
- Ensure consistency of specifications across sub-systems. Look and feel / corporate branding very important
- Provide input into user interface layouts and create mock-ups, visual prototypes
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
- Utilise analytical tools to develop workflow, cross functional and process flow diagrams
- Liaise with internal and/or external clients to provide expertise and input where necessary
- Good client facing skills and the ability to work/communicate with clients to develop and interpret business requirements is essential
- Technical competency to troubleshoot and understand common problems and communicate to team
- Able to produce structured design documents
- Able to work with QA and Dev during testing to ensure implementation meets design and requirements
- Participate in quality assurance activities during SDLC when needed
- Partner with clients on implementation testing needs, requirements, and questions
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree in Business or Technology preferred
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Analytical and well organized
- Careful attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently
- Expertise in MS Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint
- Experience as a business analyst in the financial markets (required)
- Experience working in a Bank or Asset manager as a product specialist is a must.
- Able to work competently on his/her own or within a team
- Able to lead and mentor junior team members
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Flexibility and attitude to achieve tight deadlines
- Shows initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to manage stakeholder relationships
- Strong team player who is comfortable working at all levels of the business and external stakeholders as required
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.