- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Aug 17
Vice President - Senior Analyst (Sub-Sovereign)
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Role / Responsibilities:
We have an opportunity for a Senior Analyst in Moody's Public Sector Europe to manage a portfolio of public sector entities.
This is a highly important, visible, market facing role; the VP/SA will interact regularly with external organizations, including: issuers, banks, capital market groups, research departments, the press, industry trade groups, academia, governments and regulatory agencies, and various investing funds, among others. As such, he or she will need the gravitas, credibility, and communication ability to act as an ambassador of the firm.
- Conduct ratings and research on a portfolio of public sector entities primarily in the UK but in other European countries as well.
- Maintain strategic relationships with investors, issuers, advisors.
- Produce high quality credit analysis, lead rating committee discussions, make recommendations for rating actions.
- Produce high quality written research for publication.
- Conduct investor/intermediary briefings, one-on-one investor meetings, and interviews with the press.
- Develop strong working relationships with various rating groups, fostering collaboration and coordination across teams.
- Candidate will be expected to manage competing priorities and be an independent leader while meeting clearly defined deadlines and complying with internal procedures and best practices.
The Department / Team:
Sub-Sovereign research services is used by the Company's clients to help assess credit risk in these markets. Sub-Sovereign research also includes key statistical data and peer group analysis. The group's approach allows market participants to benefit from a globally consistent and transparent methodological approach to assessing credit risk.
The VPSA role will regularly interact and work together with his or her peer group that focuses on public finance and infrastructure and will be expected to collaborate with them to ensure fluid communication and the sharing of best practices, with an eye towards continuous improvement in their evaluative/ ratings approach. The VPSA will need to provide periodic updates to senior management on project progress, operational effectiveness and human capital development.
- The successful candidate will most likely possess a graduate degree (MA, MBA, MPA) with extensive relevant experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the UK public sector is required.
- Experience with the public sector in other European countries would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Capital markets and bond issuance are advantageous.
- Strong quantitative skills (accounting, finance, economics).
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Knowledge of another European language would be advantageous.
In addition the following is required:
- Credit / Analytic Skills: This individual must possess the ability to analyse the current (and forecast the future) financial condition of targeted areas. The candidate should have experience helping set policies, methodologies and processes. The future incumbent should have a strong intellect with a high tolerance for complexity and a track record in idea generation.
- He or she must be able to assess and balance multiple and potentially competing priorities and needs. This candidate will hold a visible role both internally and externally, and must be able to be decisive, strategic, and to garner extensive credibility.
- Communication Skills: The successful candidate must have high level communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex analytic and strategic issues and influence audiences of different skill and knowledge levels, both internally and externally. Excellent written skills are a must, particularly in producing high calibre research, and extensive public speaking experience is a plus.
- Setting Strategy: The successful candidate is able to develop a compelling view of the future of the organization and of the breakthrough opportunities that may arise. The candidate must be strong at decision making and acting with a view to what is most appropriate, reasonable, timely and realistic.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.