Salary: Base + Bonus + Benefits
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Schroders’ forward thinking Digital division is seeking to grow their very successful User Experience Team with a Researcher/Designer. The UX team operate similar to an internal agency within Schroders and have large exposure across the business.
The Opportunity – Overview
User Experience Designers lead product research, strategy, mapping user journeys, visualising pain-points, and modelling the variety of customer interaction touch-points on which the design of a first-class experience will depend. Senior Experience Designers are able to discover, understand, and communicate the business requirements of our clients, the emotional desires of their customers, and the context in which these two come together.
The role of the UX Designer is to:
- Plan, prioritise, coordinate, and conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modelling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Produce user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.#
- Manage the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers.
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and regions, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You Bring to the Organisation the following competencies:
- User experience design experience, or a recent graduate from a top ranking University design-related degree
- A passion for creating service experiences that resonate emotionally with people.
- Strong knowledge of design thinking, service design and customer experience design processes and methodology.
- Appreciation of the challenges to utilising design practice effectively in large organisations, preferably with some experience in finance.
- Strong project and people management skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Proficiency with design tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Omnigraffle, Sketch, and InVision
- Knowledge of web & mobile platforms, and their capabilities and limitations.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Masters degree in Interaction Design, behavioural science, or related design discipline, is preferred.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.