US GAAP Advisory Director
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions UK Ltd
- 27 Sep 16
Position: Cognizant is searching for a Director of Accounting Advisory & Policy to support our UK and Central European region. This position is part of the Global Controller’s Group and reports directly to the AVP, Accounting Advisory & Policy (AAP). Responsibilities: • The Director, AAP will
Cognizant is searching for a Director of Accounting Advisory & Policy to support our UK and Central European region. This position is part of the Global Controller’s Group and reports directly to the AVP, Accounting Advisory & Policy (AAP).
• The Director, AAP will provide technical accounting advice, analysis, and support on the appropriate application of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) to Company finance personnel to our UK and Central European region. The Director will lead assessments of accounting implications of proposed transactions, as well as proposed accounting rule changes being considered by Standard setters.
o Assist in updating and maintaining Company accounting policy manual, designing and establishing accounting process and procedures (US GAAP).
o Assist with providing technical accounting research, white papers and SEC comment letter responses.
o Assist in monitoring SEC, FASB and IFRS initiatives. Perform sensitivity analysis as to how new developments may impact the current business and financial statements.
• Provide consultation and accounting guidance to other global corporate functions, including: Tax, Mergers & Acquisitions, Large Deal Teams, Revenue Team and FP&A.
o Assist with large deal and complex deal negotiations in the UK and Central European region including: joint ventures, business combinations, consolidation and equity distribution arrangements.
o Collaborate with our revenue recognition team on large and complex deal negotiations in the UK and Central European region involving software revenue recognition, leasing, software capitalization and joint IT roadmaps.
• Provide U.S. GAAP technical accounting support and audit support to the UK and Central European region and the external reporting group at the consolidated group level.
o Assist with oversight of U.S. GAAP to local GAAP reconciliations for foreign subsidiaries.
• Assist with various projects tasked to the AVP Accounting Advisory & Policy designed to improve our worldwide financial reporting processes.
• Assist with coaching and developing others within the larger Global Controllership group.
• Open to international travel (expect 2-3 weeks per year).
This position will have significant interaction with the AVP Accounting Advisory & Policy, as well as, interaction with Directors+ within the Global Controller’s Group – including the SVP/Global Controller and SVP Global Tax.
Required Previous Work Experience
• A significant number of years in public accounting (Big 4) as a highly rated manager with experience working for large public international clients.
• An ideal candidate would also have proven skills within an accounting policy group or as local technical resource.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Exposure to other multinational providers of IT, consulting and business process services is a plus.
• Experience working with other multinational companies with large Indian subsidiaries is a plus.
• Policy or project management of accounting policy implementation is a plus.
• Exposure to IFRS is a plus.
• A successful candidate will be highly self-motivated and driven to perform at the peak of his or her abilities.
• Flexibility, professionalism and adaptability are a must.
• Proven research skills, analytic abilities, written skills, computer skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and strong organizational skills.
• Proven people skills, working successfully in team context with co-workers, and senior management.
• Able to project manage and manage processes remotely.
• Possess high attention to detail.
The key attributes we are looking for are as follows:
- Graduate and qualified accountant with minimum 2 years of experience
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be hands on and prepared to get into the detail
Organization Marketing StatementCognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centres worldwide and approximately 244,300 employees as of June 30, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.