UK Engineering Manager, Banking
- GBP0.00 - GBP90000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 19 Jun 17
Electrical Engineer required to work for a banking client of ours. You must have relevant experience in a senior management role. This will have coverage of 35 corporate locations in the UK 50 cat. 2 (small corporates that hold 250 staff) as well as 1300 retail branches. Banking experience is preference however, we can consider individuals from another industry as long as it is a critical arena such as the MOD.
We are looking for a Electrical Engineer to work for a banking client of ours. You must have relevant experience in a senior management role. This will have coverage of 35 corporate locations in the UK
50 cat. 2 (small corporates that hold 250 staff) as well as 1300 retail branches. Focus will be lifecycle asset replacement and energy efficiency. Banking experience is preference however, we can consider individuals from another industry as long as it is a critical arena such as the MOD. Individual from the Oil & Gas industry for example will not be considered.
The group is a centralised, global function, which supports the business by delivering and operating its real estate strategy. Global Location Strategy has an operational presence in 34 countries, comprising c.180 internal and c.8,500 outsourced colleagues. The department is diverse in its specialisms covering everything from Location Strategy, Portfolio Optimisation, Workplace design, Engineering, Facilities and Construction Project Management to Environmental Management, Security, Travel, Health & Safety, Risk & Control and Supplier Management.
Overall purpose of role
This role is responsible for implementing the UK Engineering Strategy, providing industry best practices in Mechanical, Electrical and Controls engineering activities and optimising asset management of engineering plant and equipment as follows;
* Manage the engineering supplier relationship for the portfolio within the UK
* Responsible for Engineering services of buildings throughout the UK. This includes c1500 properties across the branch network, corporate offices, data and contact centres.
* Manage the risk mitigation of key operational risks within the portfolio ensuring timely reporting and remediation to reduce the inherent risk to the business.
* Implement the strategic direction for engineering services in line with the UK Strategy
* Review and recommend changes to the Regional Head of Engineering, of the delivery of engineering services
* Develop the outsourced contract and look to share best practice with peers to deliver continuity of service across the region.
* Optimise asset management of engineering plant and equipment
* Develop with the outsourced supply chain an approach to the management and maintenance of all engineering assets which balances appropriate risk at least cost
* Manage through the supply base, access to accurate asset information to enable the Bank to take strategic decisions based upon meaningful cost/risk parameters
Compliance Risk and Business Continuity
* Assure the delivery of quality engineering services from the outsourced supply partner and minimise the risk of business interruption through engineering induced failures
* Develop and implement efficient system/processes to ensure compliance to property statutory requirements and governance framework and all other standards.
* Ensure the property governance framework is adopted and complied with for all external engineering suppliers
* Develop and implement the supplier management framework to ensure delivery of engineering services that fully meet business requirements.
* Continually guide and support the out-sourced supply partner to ensure development and improvement occurs in the technical engineering service delivery.
* Review outputs of compliance audits and set targets for contractors improvement and corrective actions.
* Apply the best in class standards to deliver competitive advantage to the business.
* Lead, support and enhance the output of cross-stream change management activities such as
* When required, Take ownership (where applicable) nd lead assignment management role in CRES Engineering projects and coordinate cross-stream change management activities.
* Provide technical engineering support to projects and other change initiatives as required.
* Manage the implementation of business-drive changes to the portfolio of building and services, in a climate where building rationalisation and business staff reorganisation are enduring elements.
Knowledge and Expertise
* Technical expertise to add value to business requirements through expert advice and support.
* An ability to think laterally and strategically in support to the firm.
* Knowledge of Engineering product and supply chain
* Relevant project delivery experience or experience in running engineering operations in a multi-site portfolio preferred
* Good knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of strategy, businesses, markets, customers and organisational structure.
* Experience in a senior management role within engineering/facilities
* Clarity of thinking and ability to represent key technical solutions in business language
* Good knowledge of behaviours and ways of working
* Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline