Trade Development Manager - French speaking
- £42,000 - 45,600 + discretionary bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Euro London Group
- 28 Sep 16
The UK office of an agency that assists French companies looking to identify new business partners in the United Kingdom is hiring a French speaking Trade Development Manager. More generally, the UK office promotes Franco-British trade relations.
This agency contributes to the development and success of French and foreign businesses wishing to expand abroad by supporting them throughout the lifetime of their projects. It is driven by an efficient, result-oriented working culture. Focused on creating value in France and across the world, it supports the international development of the French economy.
This exciting opportunity for a bilingual Trade Development Manager, head of the Tech & Services department, will report directly to the Country Director. This is a B2B role and would suit someone with excellent people management and communication skills and also an interest in France. The ability to converse, write, and negotiate in both English and French to a high standard is a must.
The Tech & Services department is made up of 6 people. The goal is to facilitate business between French Tech and Services companies & start-ups and British counterparts. Most of the consulting activities involve trade missions but also delivering market studies for Tech companies. The other sectors they cover are diverse: IT software and services, cyber-security, fintech sector, E and M-Commerce, digital marketing, cloud computing and big data, IoT, retail tech, real estate as well as franchising distribution sectors.
The manager will also be responsible for the Press department and will work closely with the Press officer and support the sale and promotion of communication and PR services to French companies.
- Managing a team of 6 people, one of which is based in Dublin
- Advising and pushing the team towards targets and goals (KPIs)
- Monitoring and reporting of results and adapt accordingly
- Organising trade missions and events in the UK to foster commercial collaborations between British and French companies
- Advising clients on their business strategy for the UK, offering suitable solutions
- Networking with the French and UK ecosystem
- Identifying new business opportunities and staying on top of market trends through market research and networking
- Developing innovative ideas for the French Tech Hub
Skills and experience required:
- Educated to degree level, ideally Master's Degree; ideally International business subject
- Tech savvy individual
- Extensive business development experience
- Language skills: English and French to an excellent standard, both written and spoken
- Experience in marketing desirable but not essential
- Pro-active individual with the ability to think outside the box
- Take initiative and be a natural team leader
- Knowledge of the French and/or UK digital industries
- Previous management experience is a plus but training will be provided
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Team-player, able to integrate, contribute to, lead, and coordinate projects with other members of the team as well as other departments
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
Thank you for applying to Euro London Appointments, the UK's largest independent language consultancy. We aim to respond as promptly as possible to your application, however, due to the high level of CVs we receive we are only able to respond to applicants whose profile matches our Client’s requirements. To enquire about other vacancies please visit our website at www.eurolondon.com.
Please note that in order to process your CV we must receive it in a Word document.