Be a Part of Our Success
Technology Risk & Control ManagerWhat is the opportunity?
CM Technology Risk enables Capital Markets Information Technology (CMIT) in identifying, assessing and managing the technology risks it is taking in supporting Capital Markets achieve its business objectives. As a 1 st Line of Defence (LoD) capability within the 3 LoD governance model, CM Technology Risk enables the CMIT Executive understand the Technology Risk Profile and have assurance on the design adequacy and operating effectiveness of the CMIT control environment.
The Technology Risk & Control Manager role is a newly created role based in London directly reporting to the Head of CM Technology Risk Europe & Asia, also based in London. Whilst this role has a Europe focus, the role requires working extensively with the CM Technology Risk team in Toronto and other global teams across CMIT. In addition, this role will support the Head of CM Technology Risk Europe & Asia as the global CM Technology Risk lead for Fixed Income & Currencies (FIC) Technology.
What will you do?
- Assisting the Head of CM Technology Risk Europe & Asia with developing the strategic CM Technology Risk change agenda both in Europe and globally
- Provide technology risk consultancy and guidance to CMIT technologists, primarily within Fixed Income & Currencies (FIC) Technology
- Technology risk and control analysis and reporting including regional reporting and thematic / targeted control reviews
- Working and partnering with Operational Risk Control & Governance (ORC&G) and Front Office Supervisory Functions in respect of technology caused or impacting Operational Risk Events (OREs), Scenario Analysis, Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and other components of the Operational Risk Management Framework as applicable
- Working and partnering with 2nd LoD IT Risk as applicable
- Review of evidence prior to Internal Audit Issue closure to ensure sufficient quality to support Issue closure
- Ad-hoc management requests.
What do you need to succeed?
- Professional qualification such as CISA, CISM or CISSP
- Solid Financial Services experience, preferably within an Investment Banking / Capital Markets technology risk role
- Understanding of the UK regulatory environment
- Experience of operating within the 3 LoD governance framework.
- This role would particularly suit an individual with an Integrated Technology Audit background
- Experience of working at / trained with one of the 'Big 4' accountancy Firms in a technology assurance / audit role
- Knowledge of Fixed Income and FX IT environments
- Experience of Agile and DevOps environments.
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: City of London
Address: Riverbank House
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2017-07-29
Req ID: 140358
Posting Notes: [[mfield1]]