Technology, Platform, Core Network Engineer, Vice President, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 20 Sep 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Network Engineering is a global organisation that is part of the Technology Infrastructure Division and is based in multiple locations around the world. The EMEA team develops products and solutions including networks hosting critical market data, exchange connectivity and e-commerce services, the design of the physical network supporting the London campus and inter-connectivity to regional offices across Europe and the Middle East. The team ensures that knowledge, best practises and expertise are shared between regions promoting teamwork and collaboration.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Developing new solutions for internal clients o Working with internal clients to understand their requirements o Translating client requirements into technology solutions o Communicating the important technical and commercial attributes of solutions to clients in ways the client can understand
- Introduction, communication and development of strategic networking technologies to provide additional scalability and functionality.
- Take an active role in the product lifecycle; new technology introduction through to demise
- Owning the delivery of a variety of concurrent projects in varying scale from small to very large
- Provide subject matter expertise when collaborating on cross platform projects with teams responsible for Voice, Video, Market Data, Compute, Storage, Information Security and Data Centre.
- Provide technical escalation for complex problems
- Working with networking product vendors and telecoms service providers with regards to all of the above
- Extensive technical experience in engineering and implementing networking technologies within a large Enterprise, preferably with some exposure to the Financial Sector.
- In-depth knowledge of WAN/LAN topologies and protocols, networking technologies. (Ethernet, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, PIM, SNMP, MPLS)
- In-depth knowledge of data centre design principles, products and protocols
- Good appreciation of Network Security architectures, models and methodologies, Authentication schemes, Encryption techniques and standards
- Design and product experience with firewalls ? Nokia/Checkpoint, Juniper Netscreen/JunOs
- Extensive technical experience using many of the following: Cisco Routers, Switches, Nexus, ASR, ISR product lines, Layer4-7 switching / High Availability (Citrix Netscaler preferred), Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, IOS-XR, Juniper JunOS, Arista EOS
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Extensive experience with the management, internetworking design and implementation of networks
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good project management skills (large network deployments and cross-discipline project deliverables)
- Appreciation of neighbouring technologies: Market Data, Voice, Virtualisation Computing and Multimedia
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.