Technology, Operations Technology, CSW Java Developer, Associate, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 19 Sep 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Development across the full project life-cycle including design, programming, code management and testing.
- Communicate regular status updates to management and colleagues for development and project responsibilities.
- Ownership of key project and application components
- Contribute your knowledge and engage with global development team to promote best practice technical and functional development across the firm's books and records applications and supported businesses
- Partner with the business and operations teams for requirements definition
- Implement the latest industry technologies into the next generation ledger platform
- Deliver projects to enhance client reporting for the firm
- Build operational controls to ensure correctness within the firm's ledgers
- Collaborate with team members across the globe
- Strong technical skills, principally Java experience developing on server-side Linux/Unix based systems required
- Solid object-oriented design and programming skills required
- SQL and Database skills required, e.g. Sybase, DB2
- Experience with Big Data technologies preferred, e.g. Hadoop, Spark
- Strong communication skills in order to work directly with business/operations stakeholders
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.