Technology, Operations Engineering, Derivative Data Engineering, Vice President, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 Aug 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration.
The Derivative Data Engineering team develops and enhances critical components of the post-execution derivatives trade processing platform. We undertake a key role in the architecture of the derivatives platform, and our success contributes directly to the efficient functioning of the firm's trading and sales operations on a day-to-day basis.
The team is responsible for the development of a model driven, highly scalable, high performance, data storage and distribution framework. This provides low latency access for online processing, and leverages big data technologies for analytic processing.
The team is passionate about solving complex technical problems, delivering innovative, resilient and performant systems.
As a senior member of our team you will work closely with business and technical colleagues locally in London, Warsaw, New York and Bengaluru, to solve challenging technical problems, and deliver cutting-edge technical solutions to meet evolving business demands. Effective problem-solving, consensus building, and a highly-developed analytical and technical skill set are essential to your success.
We run an Agile (Scrum) team with iterative feedback loops with our clients and continual improvement of the team's processes. We are looking for talented engineers who have a thirst for learning and are passionate about building innovative solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle for systems written with Java, SQL, RESTful web services, JMS messaging, Search and Big Data solutions.
- Design, develop, test and deliver highly performant and resilient client and server-side systems in an agile, and fast-moving environment.
- Form strong client relationships with business, and other technology groups.
- Through continuous learning, continue to contribute new ideas and opinions to the group.
- Maintain a focus on quality, attention to detail, communication and delivery to tight timescales.
- Mentoring and development of more junior members of the team to help them grow and excel in their careers.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 8+ years' commercial software development experience with Java, ideally Java 8
- Experience of an enterprise DBMS (ideally Sybase or DB2)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work effectively
- Motivated to deliver outstanding technology solutions in a dynamic business environment
- Strong sense of ownership and driven to manage tasks to completion
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of open source frameworks (Spring, Spark)
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Kibana
- Experience with technologies in the Hadoop stack
- Experience of messaging systems such as Tibco EMS or Apache Kafka
- Experience working in a financial services firm
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. ? The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.