Technology, GIR Technology, Technical Architect, Vice President, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 23 Jun 17
See job description for details
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Enabling Goldman Sachs' research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they choose. GIR Technologists leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy.
The Goldman Sachs Investment Research division is undergoing a digital transformation. You'll leading the next phase of this exciting project, with a strong emphasis on interactive HTML5 media, analytics and multi-channel content distribution. Many greenfield opportunities await the successful candidate which will be built upon a proven foundation.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- As a software engineer, you will be leading a green field web platform. There are opportunities for the successful candidate to work on a diverse set of Technology platforms and find where their interests lie.
- We sit with our business users and are exposed, daily, to their thought processes, allowing us to apply relevant technology solutions to the problems they face.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years' relevant commercial experience
- Development experience with Java
- Adobe stack experience (e.g. Adobe experience manager, Adobe analytics)
- A strong analytical and problem solving mind-set
- Willingness to collaborate with our business partners to understand and implement their requirements
- Full-stack development experience e.g. RESTful service layer with front-end client side framework e.g. AngularJS, REACT
- Experience working in a global team