Technical OO Engineer – Systematic Trading – AI, Machine Learning
- 70,000 - 120,000 + highly competitive bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Caspian One Recruitment Solutions
- 26 Sep 16
I am currently working with a leading Systematic Trading Hedge Fund who are building out their London presence during a period of continued global growth, especially within Engineering. The fund are a data driven hedge fund who pride themselves on their cutting edge technology and superior performance to the rest of the market. The work extensively with Artificial Intelligence and machine learning. They have an incredibly complex codebase.
The fund are looking for exceptional technologists to join the engineering function. You will be a leader in your field and immersed within technology. You will be using Java primarily (as well as some C# and C++) but you can come from any Object Orientated Programming background. The requirement of the role is strong fundamental skills which can be transferred to any language and excellent problem solving skills.
The organisation attempt to predict the future by analysing past trends using a scientific approach, researching and innovating along the way.
Current positions sit across multiple teams, with work including the following:
- Developing cutting edge trading platforms
- Building and developing innovative risk platforms
- Engineering quantitative tools
- Algorithm development
- Portfolio construction and Risk Modelling libraries
- Analysing data using new and innovative methods
- Strong Educational background – ideally PhD educated. From a top university
- Expert level technologist – you must be an exceptional technologist with unrivalled knowledge in your field
- Expert level skills within multithreading, working with distributed systems and asynchronous architectures
- Expert knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms
- An expert in one of more of the following: Python, Java, C/C++ or C#
- A leader in software engineering best practices including collaborative methods such as Agile, Pair programming, Continuous Integration and refactoring
- No finance experience required – Tech background preferred.
The fund are able to offer a start up type environment while working within Finance, solving real world problems. You will work in casual attire and have the opportunity to take part in regular company wide events including Hackathons.
Candidates who are involved in personal projects outside or work, community contributions (GitHub, Stackoverflow, Hackerrank, BitBucket etc.) will be seen in very high regard. They are looking for passionate technologists.
If you are interested in the position and would like to find out more, please apply with your CV
Quantitative, Quant, Developer, Algo, Algorithmic, Python, Equity, Equities, Systematic, Hedge Fund, Fund, Asset Management, Latency, Algo Design, Quant Analyst, Quant Strat, Strategist, FX, Forex, Derivative, Forward, Option, Spot, Swap, CDO, CDS, Electronic Trading, eTrading, Electronic, e-trading, programmer, programming, development, engineer, engineered, github, stack overflow, stackoverflow, hackerrank, grid, computing, datasynapse, platform symphony, machine learning, big data, Artificial intelligence, AI, TCP IP, TCP/IP, C#, .Net, Java, C++, Python, C, multithreading, multithreaded, multi-threading, multi-threaded, multi threading, multi threaded, threads, threaded, async, asynchronous