EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Technical Business Analyst
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
GMI Technical Business Analyst: This role is part of FIS Derivatives Utility Technology and is responsible for supporting large change the bank projects for process re-engineering, process automation, system implementation, business growth, regulatory initiatives, client driven change requests and Level 3 production support for GMI. This position will be based in London and reporting to Regional GMI lead.
- Work with Utility clients and Operations teams to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs.
- Clearly articulates and document business requirements and translate it into functional specifications.
- Work with Project Managers, Architects, Developers and other team members to design solutions.
- Assesses risks of various solutions and prioritize competing business demands.
- Coordinate project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate designs and validate proposed solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise to support development and testing of project deliverables and validation of quality assurance.
- Provide analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
- Participates in Functionality Testing, Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing; document test cases and results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or IT
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in back-office settlement system GMI – with through understanding of trade processing, position management, margin processing, GL flows, lifecycle management, interest postings, reconciliations, regulatory reporting, fees and commissions and corporate actions.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience and knowledge of domains - Exchange traded derivatives and cleared OTC derivatives, transaction lifecycle processing, lifecycle event management, complex reporting and management of reporting across multi asset classes, allocation processing and self-service client functions in the domain of clearing.
- Ability to configure modules of clearing systems to process typical market requirements.
- Good understanding of the front-to-back clearing process, ability to explain the lifecycle of trade and where each module has an effect.
- Knowledge of batch steps and regional processing flows (Asia, Europe and US).
- Ability to understand IBM iSeries programing languages (CL, RPG, SQL, Java, QShell scripting)
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of written and verbal formats with a wide range of people; external individuals, organisations and agencies.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong client presentation skills.
- Programming experience in IBM-i platform (AS/400)
- Experience working with senior management.
- High level understanding of common Technology platforms used in derivatives middle and back office processing.
- Ability to analyze problems and produce a range of options to arrive at preferred solution.
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.