Technical Business Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 26 Jun 17
Technical Business Analyst
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
Based in London, you will join the MARK/PRM/NEW team which manages
As a Technical Business Analyst you will work with the OPER and PRM front office department to define business requirements, document detailed user stories & acceptance tests. He will also be involved in the executing of tests /UAT.
Summary of the Key Purposes of the Role
The role is highly demanding and technically oriented and requires an appropriate balance of technical expertise, business knowledge and soft skills. It requires curiosity towards quick learning in understanding application functionality and environment setup with special focus on business workflow knowledge.
It requires working independently and also when required collectively as part of the Application Management team in meeting responsibilities, including application readiness, production support, business analysis, project management and vendor management. The individual will work with other IT teams including development, PRD, DBAs, Windows, Systems teams in order to follow and meet the project deliverables.
Summary of Responsibilities
Critical responsibilities include:
• Understanding business functions, process requirements in the Agency Post-Trade Securities business domain.
• Coordinate with users to produce comprehensive test plan and develop user signoff criteria. Hands-on involvement in analysis and documentation of testing results and review with end-users.
• Provide support on day-to-day operations supporting Release, Problem, and Crisis processes
• Conduct monitoring and auditing of processes, produce performance and exceptions dashboards to support organizational roles and strategies.
• Maintain an efficient interface between infrastructure and business entities within the IT department.
• Have a good understanding of the platform and the IT landscape to propose and deliver added value to the Prime Brokerage Back Office platform
• Communication Skills
• Flexibility - Adaptability
• Ability to Work Under Pressure
• Analytical Skills
• Deep understanding the platform on the functional side
• Excel, Word, Microsoft Power Point
• SQL language to develop automated tools and reports.
• Experience in language development (java, C#) is appreciated
• Quality assurance tool (QC)
• Degree level
• English: fluent.
• French is a plus
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.