Software Engineer - Scala / Java - Banking
- £85,000 - £115,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Scope AT
- 14 Aug 17
JAVA Developer responsible for all aspects of the software life cycle working within existing development teams, you will be involved in development of both new products and maintenance of existing systems.
Must have a background in modern OO languages - any commercial Scala experience is highly desirable.
You will be a delivery focused developer with strong problem solving skills & ability to learn in a fast paced environment, interacting with Front Office teams to understand requirements.
- Server-side Java Developer within enterprise financial services environments.
- Experience working within an Agile environment.
- Able to work with users to refine requirements.
- Experience designing/developing high-quality and scalable systems.
- Demonstrable experience producing reusable code components and libraries leveraged by multiple projects.
- Strong desire to produce components and APIs to meet real business needs.
- Strong data structure, algorithm and problem solving skills.
- TDD/BDD experience: testing frameworks (ScalaTest, JUnit, Cucumber) and Continuous Integration.
- Create the implementation plan (understand risk, issues, dependencies).