Software Engineer - Java - FX IT
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Sep 16
Your role Are you passionate about delivering building robust and scalable core Java server systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We’re looking for someone like you to help us. You will – Analyze business requirements and design and implement solutions – Work as part of an small onshore scrum development team – Collaborate with other global IT teams – Do level 3 Support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
You’ll be working in the FX Cash IT team in London. The FX Execution and Pricing teams are working on the build-out of our strategic FIX API and internal FX Pricing platforms, replacing our legacy infrastructure. The programme of work has a very high profile and is recognised to be a key part of our business strategy over the next couple of years
Your experience and skills
– strong server-side Java development skills, including expertise in multi-threaded programming with excellent design and problem solving skills (hands-on experience in the following areas (as a plus): building distributed systems and/or Java messaging technologies)
– hands-on experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
– applied solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, capacity and scalability and manageability.
– experience working closely with your business partners to elicit initial requirements and then iteratively refined these to remove any ambiguity. In fact, you feel comfortable picking up any tasks required to deliver a feature as you have developed a well-rounded skill set through your involvement in all aspects of software delivery.
– strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and ability to work as part of a global team
– passionate about what you do, you value excellence, learning and integrity, you like a work environment that places emphasis on team work, collaboration and delivering business value while working at a sustainable pace. Most importantly you are someone who is technically excellent and can aspire, and inspire others, to our values and culture
– proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements.