Software Engineer - Cross-Functional Developer - Banking
- £75,000 to £95,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Scope AT
- 26 Aug 16
A software engineer is required with experience of working with quant libraries and market data to build and deliver pricing and risk analytics to the business.
You will provide high quality software using agile techniques with a focus on using best practice approaches to the entire development lifecycle - behaviour and test driven development with continuous integration and delivery.
Must have a Bachelor degree in a technical, science, engineering, or mathematical discipline
- Work on all stages of the development lifecycle
- Expected to own problems and drive through solutions
- Working with the business, analysts, peers and project managers to understand and deliver requirements
- Analysing requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution
- Document designs and communicate them with the team
- Ensure adherence to bank technical standards & SDLC
- Solid background in component and object oriented programming/design (C#, C++, etc.)
- Functional programming experience gained within a commercial environment (F#, Clojure, Scala, Haskell, Erlang, OCaml, Miranda, Ruby, etc.).
- Experience of Agile development methodologies – Test driven and behaviour driven development.
- Proven track record in releasing production quality software
- Strong debugging skills
- Good understanding of source control, testing, release management
- Experience with N-tier & distributed architecture
- Investment Banking experience and knowledge
- Experience working with quant analytic libraries and market data