Software Developer / Quant Developer - High Frequency Trading (Fund)
- 80k-140k DoE + PnL % + Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Winston fox
- 19 Sep 16
An opportunity has arisen within one of the High Frequency Trading teams in London for an extremely talented software engineer who would like to work far closer to the action in terms of Quantitative Research and Portfolio Management in a Top Tier High Frequency Fund
Winston Fox has been retained on an exclusive mandate by a Global High Frequency Hedge Fund to identify a talented Software Developer or Quantitative Developer. This fund Trades only computer driven, and high frequency trading strategies on various markets across the US, Europe and Asia. The firm employs approximately 350 staff Globally and enjoys a vibrant, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment that has a culture and track record of innovation in both Technology and Finance. It enjoys a strong reputation in the industry for its success, influence and excellence.
An opportunity has arisen within one of the High Frequency Trading teams in London for an extremely talented software engineer who would like to work far closer to the action in terms of Quantitative Research and Portfolio Management in a Top Tier High Frequency Fund. Primary responsibility is to break new boundaries, to design, build and code innovative and High Performance platforms in collaboration with quant researchers and quant traders. This team designs, develops and implements complex and intelligent algorithms onto the Global Financial Markets to trade and take positions. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the optimisation and improving scalability, performance and efficiency of existing tools, software and platforms. This position is suitable for candidates who enjoy working in a highly collaborative and collegiate environment, but would like to experience the fast pace and dynamism of Quantitative Financial Markets, particularly high frequency trading. This role is suitable only for candidates with genuine thirst for information, a rampant intellectual curiosity, and loves solving complex technological and mathematical problems.
This is a great opportunity to join a small and committed team which has a laid-back environment, horizontal organisational structure and offers an opportunity to be a big contributor to an innovator and leader in the field of systematic high frequency trading.
- Designing and implementing an algorithmic trading systems
- Implementing mathematical models
- Optimising key system components to improve the low-latency and high-throughput production trading environment
- Maintaining a framework for back-testing and reporting trading strategies
- A bachelor's or master’s (preferred) degree or PhD in computer science (preferred), mathematics, engineering or a related field
- Expertise in object-oriented programming in C++ or Java and knowledge of Python
- Advanced knowledge of any of the following topics: multithreaded applications, synchronisation mechanisms, distributed systems or code optimisation
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Interest in and ideally experience on machine learning projects
- Prior experience with low-latency or high-performance computing (a plus) and complex programming projects
- The ability to think rigorously and independently and cooperate within a small team
- Brilliant problem-solving abilities
- This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining scalable, multi-tiered applications and infrastructure.
- The successful candidate will be able to solve difficult technical problems in a fast-paced and energetic environment.
In Return the firm will offer
- Excellent basic salary and benefits package
- PnL % payout
- Friendly, collaborative team environment
- Live trading strategy exposure on the front line
- Opportunity to work on a genuine Machine Learning project in HFT
- Opportunity to work closer to Researcdh and Trading on the front line
- Work on more mathematical and statistcal projects