Senior Visual Designer
- Competitive salary and package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Jun 17
About GFT GFT specialises in designing and implementing IT and business solutions for the financial services industry. Combining technological expertise and seamless project management with a deep understanding of the industry, GFT is the perfect strategic partner for many well-known companies in all corners of the globe.
About the role:
Are you an experienced and passionate Visual Designer who wants to work on a permanent basis in an organization focused on digital innovation working with tier 1 and 2 Capital Markets practitioners to implement innovative digital solutions? Do you excel in demanding design and complex delivery engagements; integrate well across multi-disciplinary project teams and demanding clients as well as thrive dealing with complex subject matter? Are you both highly analytical as well as highly creative?
As a Senior Visual Designer at GFT you will be working within design teams, managing or mentoring other more junior visual designers whilst working closely with our user experience designers, subject matter experts, technology specialists and business analysts to design innovative solutions to help those users achieve their goals
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for someone to solve challenging business problems, join a high performing team, and to contribute directly to the expansion of our revenue opportunities and delivery efficiency gains for both GFT and our Tier 1 banking clients.
Your principle responsibilities will include:
- Taking wireframes and sketches and producing rich designs for developers to work on
- Client interaction – gathering requirements, making sure design is in line with client’s needs
- Working with key stakeholders in-house to help build our service offering
- Ensure designs follow visual standards as well as enhance user experience
- Oversee design development as well as graphic production
- Set style guide and visual design direction
- Work with User Experience Designers, Subject Matter Experts and Business Analysts to ensure that your visual design ideas are included in the proposed solutions
What we are looking for in you:
- Degree in design related field including HCI, industrial design, graphic design, or other related field
- Full Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience with having worked in large scale Agile IT projects
- Experience in designing for data heavy Applications
- Experience in having worked with UX (wireframe/workflow briefings, and the thinking behind it)
- Good understanding of User Centred Design
- Good understanding of Typography for digital Media
- Experience in creating Style guides for internal use, and preparing Designs for Development (spec out the design)
- Design according to existing style guides
- Comfortable in presenting designs to clients
- Team Player
Nice to have:
- Capital Markets and Investment Banking domain knowledge
- Understanding of common software project management practices
- Understanding of common software development practices
- Proven ability to deliver high quality designs to customers/stakeholders in a collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills; equally at ease speaking with senior users and stakeholders when articulating and advocating design concepts and rationale
Drawing on your proven experience you will thrive in our fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. Naturally, great communication skills, and inspirational and consultative approach and the drive to deliver above and beyond expectation are essential.
What we offer you:
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
The GFT Group is represented in eleven countries – and our customers are based in over 30 different countries. With a global team spanning 3,200 employees and 1,200 freelance experts at our disposal, we’re ready to act whenever and wherever our customers need us. Our interlinked development teams are able to tackle complex projects and respond to individual needs – rapidly, economically and to the utmost standards.