Senior Software Developer - Python/Java/C++
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 30 Aug 16
The FICC Risk technology team is responsible for developing risk solutions to the global fixed income, currencies and commodities business. The primary focus of the team is on building scalable risk reporting and generation tools for use across the business. End users include trading desks, senior trading management, market risk management and other middle and back office groups.
Corporate Title: VP
Department Name: FICC Quartz Horizontal
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Developer.
The FICC Risk technology team is responsible for developing risk solutions to the global fixed income, currencies and commodities business. The primary focus of the team is on building scalable risk reporting and generation tools for use across the business. End users include trading desks, senior trading management, market risk management and other middle and back office groups. FICC Risk technology is a global team of highly skilled and motivated developers using agile methods to iterate quickly and work closely with users to deliver superior trading technology. The role offers the opportunity to lead development of the strategic risk framework, directing a globally dispersed team of developers. There is significant buy-in from senior business partners and the successful candidate will gain experience of delivering directly to the business.
Challenges currently being worked on include producing consistent, consolidated risk reports spanning the whole FICC business, running high-performance ticking intraday risk for trading desks, and explaining PnL across the global business. The team development environment is Quartz - the bank's next generation trading and risk platform. Quartz consists of various pieces of shared infrastructure and code to drive consolidation across the trading business and break down business specific silos. Development takes place almost entirely In Python, with some C++ for high performance components.
As the Senior Software Developer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Leadership of globally dispersed team of developers
- Setting technical direction and prioritizing development tasks.
- Software development and testing, deployment and support using agile development methodologies.
- Functioning as part of a as part of a high performance team, working on high priority deliverables.
- Solving real problems, and adding value to the business.
- Communicating effectively with various stakeholders across technology and the business.
As the Senior Software Developer your skills and experiences will ideally include:
- Python experience would be ideal however we will consider experience with other programming languages, e.g. C#, C++, Java, Perl… if you are willing to learn and use Python as your primary language
- Experience in building large scale risk framework for both risk generation and reporting purposes
- Cross business knowledge (Interest Rates, Currencies, Commodities)
- Worked in a global/regional team setting
- Self-driven and highly motivated
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynchs responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.