Senior Researcher – Fund Allocation
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Norges Bank Investment Management
- 23 Sep 16
Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global. The fund is invested worldwide in equities, fixed income and real estate, totalling around 7,200 billion kroner (875 billion dollars). Our mission is to safeguard and build wealth for Norway’s future generations. We are operating in a global, highly competitive and constantly evolving market. We are more than 500 people of more than 35 nationalities, with offices in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.
Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking a dedicated professional for a Senior Researcher position within our Fund Allocation investment department. Fund Allocation is responsible for managing the Fund’s aggregate exposure to key return drivers such as equity, duration, credit and inflation and conducting strategic research aimed at improving the Fund’s long-term investment strategy.
The position will be based in London and will report to Head of Research. Travel will be required.
• Conducting research and analysis on issues related to long-term asset allocation and strategic asset class rebalancing
• Developing expected return and risk models for use in the investment process
• Communicating insights from academic research to internal and external stakeholders
• Contributing to a hardworking, high-performing team
• Ph.D. degree in finance or economics with outstanding academic records
• Extensive and relevant experience from academic research or investment management, with strong links to the academic research community
• Expertise in theoretical and empirical asset pricing and macro-finance
• Strong quantitative and programming skills
• Structured and self-driven with an ambition to excel
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills with strong proficiency in written and spoken English
• High level of integrity
Norges Bank Investment Management can offer a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. NBIM has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
We build the organisation from a diverse talent base and are committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
Questions regarding the position may be directed to Fredrik Willumsen, Head of Research, telephone +44 (0)207 534 9044. All applications need to be submitted via the career portal on www.nbim.no.
Deadline for application is 9th October 2016.
No Agencies please