Senior Project Manager - Financial Markets, trading technology, eCommerce, London, banking JL30855
- £500-600 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 19 Sep 16
An exceptional opportunity in a high performance, high demand and high visibility team; we are looking for two senior project managers to come and contribute to further successes and growth of the team/systems. Please note required experience, as it is a high performance team, the criteria are strict.
FM eTrading has defined an exciting strategy and aggressive multi-year year product roadmap. The Financial Markets eTrading technology team is a specialist team of individuals hired to evolve the bank’s single dealer and multi dealer platform services in a way that will differentiate the bank in the markets in participates in.
Forthcoming roadmaps include adding new asset classes to the platform, implementing regulatory changes such as MIFID II, building more sophisticated hedging tools and generally implementing new initiatives to make the eCommerce business more competitive and successful in the marketplace.
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part a large multi-asset eTrading trading system development team that is distributed between Singapore and London. The successful candidate is expected to:
- Awareness of the overall eCommerce business strategy and carry out day-to-day work in a manner that achieves those overarching goals
- Lead teams to deliver a number of new projects across the platform
- Manage the end to end delivery cycle from project inception, planning, design, build, test, implementation and hand-over to production support teams.
- Adopt Standard Chartered internal project management practices including collaboration tools, methodologies and best practice templates.
- Take part in working groups to ensure eCommerce are represented across technology and architecture teams.
- Ensure project documentation eg specifications, test plans, technical design, project plans, status reports are maintained and distributed to relevant audience through-out project life-cycle.
- Work with business manager and PMO to manage project budget – ensure actuals are regularly tracked and reported against the budget.
- Act as an intermediary between business stakeholders and the development team
- Assist in the requirement gathering with a multitude of stakeholders from different disciplines within the bank and of different levels of seniority
- Issue regular communications containing project status and forthcoming deliverables. Clearly express the progress and highlight items for management awareness and attention.
- Able to participate in detailed discussions related to feature decomposition and technical design
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with global and regional teams across the bank (including front office, product development, infrastructure, support and test functions).
- Have the knowledge and confidence to apply critical thinking to make the necessary decisions to progress the project. And at the same time, understand the limits of their responsibility & expertise and know when to solicit decisions from other members of the project (business or technology)
- Able to multi-task and working on more than one project at the same time
- Understand the regulatory environment and its impact on the eCommerce business lines
- Help rollout features to business users post go-live
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree level educating in a relevant discipline such as mathematics, engineering, economics, etc
- 5+ years within FX ecommerce technology
- 5+ years Project Management
- Project Management Skills
- Able to define and manage a project scope to ensure delivery is achieved in a timely manner
- Able to manage medium/large projects
- Able to define project schedules to determine key milestones and dates for project delivery
- Manage project RAID logs
- Particular emphasis on issue resolution and stakeholder management
- Personal Traits
- Outstanding communication, verbal and written
- Good people skills
- Client and service focused
- Knowledge of one or more multi-dealer platform such as FXall, Currenex, RTFX, 360T, CFETS, BBG FX, Hotspot, Reuters 3000, EBS
- Knowledge of aggregator and hedging strategies
- Knowledge of FX options products
Experience (nice to have):
- Knowledge of client algos
- Money market products, Interest Rate Swaps, Vanilla Options, Commodities, Government bonds, futures and options on Single Dealer or Multi-Dealer platforms (Dealer-to-Client) eg ION or Bloomberg
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.