Senior Project Manager
- £700 - 1,000 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Randstad Sourceright
- 06 Sep 16
Senior Project Manager POS A London based leading consultancy practice require a PoS (point of sale) experienced project manager. This is a contract position on a 3 month rolling basis and although officialy based in London requries extensive travel.
Senior Project Manager POS
A London based leading consultancy practice require a PoS (point of sale) experienced project manager. This is a contract position on a 3 month rolling basis and although officialy based in London requries extensive travel.
The PoS "Specification and Selection" role would cover:
- To work alongside (Client) staff on an engagement with a major non-food retailer in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Develop requirements for a PoS Retail system.
The work will involve:
- Working with the Businesses, develop a set of requirements to support the definition of a new PoS system, including linkages to other front office applications like the existing Oracle based ERP system
- Develop a system specification based on best practices process
- Creating high level system requirements
- Creating RFIs and evaluation criteria for package selection
- Running an RFI process
- Package solution walk though
- Developing high level plans and detailed costs for procurement stage
The perfect candidate we are looking for has to have:
- An effective communicator working with clients in a consultative and collaborative manner
- Ability to operate autonomously
- Possess strong analytical and numerical skills
- Able to influence effectively at all levels
- Highly credible in discussions with client senior managers and directors
- Experienced in collecting Business requirements and translating them into technical requirements to support a RFI process and vendor selection.
- University degree required, ideally in a technical or analytical discipline
- Experience working with IT professionals, and process improvement.