Senior Java Developer - Banking Operations IT
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
See Job Description
What is the opportunity?
The Ops IT team is responsible for development and support of Credit Derivative Back office process and regulatory requirements across various derivative asset classes.
If you have a strong core Java, concurrency and distributed system development background and have passion to work in an agile development environment, and want to apply technical skills and build solutions that meet dynamic requirements while gaining extensive exposure to derivative trades and contribute to IT strategy, this is a great opportunity to join our team and realize them.
This role will come with opportunity to make significant contributions while developing professional expertise in a dynamic, agile and tech focused team environment.
What will you do?
- Design and develop solutions that meet business and non-functional requirements, while ensuring compliance with overall application and technology architecture policies and target state standards.
- Complete unit testing of components for integration into larger subsystem and produce code that is secure, stable and operational before handover to Run the Bank team.
- Set technical direction for all development, maintenance and architecture initiatives ensuring adherence to overall IT architectural direction
- Work with various teams across IT to manage all aspects of implementation planning & coordination of releases.
- Perform second line production support, Participant in planning/testing DR/BCP tests.
What do you need to succeed?
- Java 8, Hibernate, Spring, High Throughput Multithreading/Currency, JMS/Solace, XML, JSON, Sybase (or similar RDBMS), REST/SOAP, good knowledge of building software for Linux.
- Quick learner with ability to pick up new technologies/skills and business knowledge
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and effectively
- Quickly function as in-house consultant/expert for resolution of complex technical issues.
- Professional experience on large projects/programs with multiple applications with multiple interfaces and/or 3rd parties
- Business Knowledge (advantage but not essential) on Derivative Trade, Trade reporting and FpML
- Talent Management process (recruitment/selection, performance management, performance development/coaching, reward/ recognition)
- Working and managing offshore vendor team.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Sets technical direction for all development, maintenance and architecture initiatives ensuring adherence to overall IT architectural direction
- Drives implementation, contributes and participates in RBC architecture policy and process discussions
- Working on Medium to Large sized solutions across multiple asset classes that have multiple interface and/or 3 rd party applications.
- Opportunity to impact Globally for Derivative Trades Operations and Operational Data Store
- Work directly with stakeholders and Users to ensure a fit to purpose and reactive solutions to their business requirements.