Senior Java Developer - Agile / TDD – LCR / Portfolio Trading – server side
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 12 Sep 16
Hands-on Senior Java Developer to be part of a high performing, fully agile team of 8.
Senior Java Developer – LCR / Portfolio Trading – server side – Investment Banking Consultancy
Location: London, City
Duration: 1 year +
GFT specialises in designing and implementing IT and business solutions for the financial services industry. Combining technological expertise and seamless project management with a deep understanding of the industry, GFT is the perfect strategic partner for many well-known companies in all corners of the globe.
About the role:
This role is for a hands-on Senior Java Developer to be part of a high performing, fully agile team of 8.
The team is working on a large programme to build a strategic platform within the Treasury to support the various business functions such as Liquidity Risk Management and Portfolio Trading. The platform uses innovative techniques for loading data from a number of upstream data providers and is capable of processing very large volumes of data, including cleansing and enriching it, before storing in the operational data store. The platform is being enhanced to support managing, monitoring and reporting of data, as well as provide key interfaces to make it available to downstream consumers, including intra-day and real time.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity for someone to solve challenging problems, join a high performing team, and to contribute directly to the expansion of our revenue opportunities and delivery efficiency gains for both GFT and our Tier 1 banking client.
Your principle activities will include:
- Works as a member of a Scrum team, collaborating closely with other team members, participating in actively in Scrum meetings and working towards the sprint goal
- Participates in product backlog refinement to ensure that new Stories are well understood and correctly estimated
- Collaborates with analysts, users and testers to define and document acceptance criteria
- Works with other team members and architects to create high quality technical designs
- Uses Acceptance Test Driven Development and Test Driven Development to produce high quality, shippable software
- Acts as a Generalizing Specialist, using primary skills in Java, but also able to use a wide range of secondary skills, such as SQL. Learns on the job and supplements skills as required
- Works with users, analysts, SMEs during post-sprint User Acceptance Testing
- Assists central service teams during deployment and release activities
- Provides Level 3 support
What we require from you:
- Extensive hands-on development experience in core Java
- Experience of relational databases, SQL, Oracle and Oracle PL/SQL
- Understanding of TDD, ATDD/BDD and Continuous Integration (should have strong personal commitment to building quality into their work)
- Experience of continuous integration
- Experience with high volume and high throughput applications
- Exposure to java profiling and performance optimization
- Experience in source code management, continuous build and integration technologies
- Messaging Technology and Tools e.g.: JMS, MQ, Solace or comparable systems
Further knowledge and experience:
- exposure to functional programming (Java, Scala)
- exposure to Continuous Delivery and DevOps is desirable
- Experience of working with globally distributed development teams.
- Experience of the following is desirable: Spring, Tomcat, Drools , Camel
- UNIX Technologies and Tool e.g.: Linux, Bash, Ksh
- Knowledge of Unix and/or Windows scripting, and basic systems administration skills (utilities, commands, editors, basic investigation)
- Knowledge of network & system security
Drawing on your proven experience you will thrive in our fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. Naturally, great communication skills, and inspirational and consultative approach and the drive to deliver above and beyond expectation are essential.
What we offer you:
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
The GFT Group is represented in twelve countries – and our customers are based in over 30 different countries. With a global team spanning 4,000 employees at our disposal, we’re ready to act whenever and wherever our customers need us. Our interlinked development teams are able to tackle complex projects and respond to individual needs – rapidly, economically and to the utmost standards.