Senior Java Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 30 Sep 16
See Job Description
What is the opportunity?
The FX eTrading IT team is responsible for development and support of the FX electronic trading systems that directly support RBC’s eFX desk’s revenue generation business. If you have a strong core Java, concurrency and distributed system development background, and want to apply your technical skills in creating a world class low latency/high performance trading system, while gaining extensive exposure to the FX business and Algo trading strategies, this is a great opportunity to join our high performance and agile team to realize your potential and gain valuable experience through the exciting and innovative technical solutions the team builds.
What will you do?
- Senior Java Developer for FX eTrading IT team, working as a member of the global team to develop and support FX eTrading applications including: pricing, SOR/algo trading, auto hedging and market connectivity
- Work closely with business sponsors to understand their requirements and provide technical solutions
- Work with other team members (including developers and QA) to deliver projects in time and with good quality
- Second line production support
- Technical support to other teams that use/depend on the FX eTrading system
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong core Java, concurrency and distributed application development skills and experience
- Extensive experience and in-depth knowledge about performance tuning and low latency application development
- Quick learner with ability to pick up new technologies/skills and business knowledge
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and effectively
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment with exceptional communication skills required to interface with a highly engaged client group
- FX knowledge.combined with Front office electronic/algo trading system development experience
- ECN/Exchange and FIX connectivity knowledge/experience
- KDB knowledge/experience
- Solid QA automation experience and skillset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Work on technically challenging and intellectually stimulating projects, where you can stretch your technical skills and apply cutting edge technologies to provide solutions to interesting business requirements
- Work in many interesting areas from low latency, high performance and availability distributed systems, to intelligent algo trading and big data analytics
- Work very closely with eFX desk on projects that have direct impact to eFX revenue generation
- Opportunity to learn and develop your technical skills as well as business knowledge by joining a team which is friendly and always willing to help each other and share knowledge
- Join team with very good track record of successful delivery of challenging projects, with leadership that strives to ensure everyone contributes to team success and get recognized for their effort and contribution