Senior Global Equities Product Controller
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
See Job Description
What is the opportunity?
The incumbent will assist the Product Control manager in the team covering GELP and Cash Equities based in London. You will also ensure Product Control can carry out all responsibilities in accordance with Code of Conduct, RBC Values and Guiding Principles ensuring adherence to Privacy principles. You will take ownership of actively moving forward initiatives to improve the current business process to add value to both our Key Business Partners and Product Control. You will also supervise a team member.
What will you do?
- To manage and assist with the month end reporting process; to include creation of adjustments, ledger reconciliations and attestation and the production of adequate audit trail while ensuring the team meets the reporting deadlines (approximately 30% of the role)
- To provide key input into designing, testing and delivering the major infrastructural changes currently in the pipeline for this business, and to take responsibility for identifying and working to resolve process issues (60% of the role)
- To provide an effective link between Front Office (FO) and Financial Control (FC) and Operations (OP) requiring detailed product knowledge, so that any disagreements in daily or month end P&L and BS can be resolved on a timely basis and ultimate P&L agreement with FO is achieved, evidenced and logged
- Daily supervision of reporting including commentary by junior members of the team
- Justification of P&L via daily risk-based decomposition, utilising the Greeks and new trade analysis
- Daily supervision of reconciliation of P&L to traders estimates
- Reporting of consolidated results to senior management including appropriate valuation adjustments
- To ensure the Product Control team and stakeholders are immediately aware of revaluation issues that may affect downstream activity.
- Production of ad-hoc reporting as required by Front Office & senior management
- Involvement in key change management projects to deliver improvements to our daily processes
- Provide cover when required for the daily production process
- To ensure PC remains & is seen to be an independent control function.
- Facilitate adherence to and substantiation of the Regulatory and Audit requirements within Capital Markets
- Key relationships include Global Risk Management, MO Valuations Group, Front Office and North American & Asian counterparts in order to drive consistent global operating model
What do you need to succeed?
- Recognised Accounting qualification.
- Relevant, Equity Derivatives experience gained within a banking / trading environment.
- Experience and knowledge of EMTNs, Certificates and Warrants. Single stock and basket options.
- Knowledge of a range of additional capital market products, (cash based and derivatives)
- Strong software skills (in particular Excel, Access).
- Able to identify areas of procedural and control weakness and to design robust and automated solutions that dovetail neatly into a fully reconciled B/S and P&L
- Good problem solver/delivery focused.
- Capable of working within tight deadlines and under severe time pressure.
- Capable of logical and practical design and having a keen focus on quality and a timely delivery.
- Effective in allocating priorities.
- Strong intellect, energetic and self-motivating, a leader and driver with a team player ethos, superior communication skills, innovative, good negotiator, capable of multi-tasking, tactful and reliable
- Professional vision.
- Effective in allocating and communicating priorities.
- Strong ability to convert theory into practice
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.