Senior Front-Office Application Developer - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Sep 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is looking for a Senior Front-Office Application Developer to join our growing team in London.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Java Developer to join a highly professional front office facing development team. You will be working on the full application lifecycle in a fast-paced, high-stakes agile development environment.
- You will design, develop, deploy, and maintain next generation proprietary in-house asset management systems.
- You wil partner with business stakeholders to understand needs and objectives. Act as the local liaison between the business (Investment teams, Trading, Operations, Compliance) and the technology group
- You will need to form strong long term partnerships with business stakeholders.
- You will also understand business needs and priorities, and provide thought leadership on potential solutions and the opportunities for technology to impact the team
- Full-stack developer with strong core Java knowledge in a UNIX/Linux environment; C#/.NET experience preferred
- Track record working in front-office environment in the financial industry, ideally in investment management
- In-depth understanding of the full software development life cycle. Deep familiarity with modern software development and design concepts encompassing a range of languages and platforms
- Experience leading small teams of technologists and proven ability to attract and develop key talent
- Excellent analytical skills, anticipates issues and deals with them proactively
- Knowledge of various asset classes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or a related field; advanced education preferred
- Demonstrates a passion for technology innovation balanced with a pragmatic approach to developing and deploying solutions that best benefit the business
- Highly collaborative, works effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and across a variety of functions
- Promotes and demonstrates a culture of front to back ownership
- Self-confident leader with a proactive approach and excellent communication skills
- Nimble, adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity; able to course correct when circumstances change
- Exceptionally client focused, builds relationships across the organization
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.