Senior Business Analyst - IB Distribution Technology
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 14 Aug 17
Business Analyst (Contract)
The IB Distribution Technology programme spans Equities, FX, Rates & Credit. The product management team are based in the front-office, working closely with sales, COO and support teams, managing a broad suite of initiatives and applications for Sales and Sales management including CRM, business intelligence and sales productivity.
The role exists within the Client and Sales Technology stream in support of a high priority regulatory delivery for MIFID II. The team is looking for an experienced business analyst with a proven track record for developing requirements and system specifications in an agile environment feeding into a number of development teams.
- Business Analyst – System specifications (for UI and Database teams)
- Working with stakeholders, working groups and sales to analyse, define and prioritise business requirements.
- Analyse a system to understand the inputs and outputs. Working with data and understanding challenges, such as firewalls, need to know, security granularity, performance, formats and system dependencies.
- Identifying potential solutions; evaluating for technical and business suitability.
- Working with user experience / visual designers and IT to develop functional system specifications and time/cost estimates.
- Working closely with agile development teams to ensure successful delivery.
- Working with QA and business to coordinate and participate in test planning and execution.
- Continue to drive projects through release and post-deployment to ensure business value.
- Responding to ad hoc queries and investigation requests.
- Spot and exploit opportunities to foster collaboration across business teams
Key skills and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a business analysis role.
- A proven track record of successful delivery of complex projects through close collaboration with both Business and IT.
- Highly self-motivated with excellent communication skills. Will proactively seek out and establish own business relationships
- Will communicate effectively across both business SMEs and technical teams including Architects and Project Leads.
- A good understanding and relevant background in client data, CRM, and business intelligence for investment bank and sales and distribution.
- Strong data analysis skills, experience in reporting & dashboarding - Business objects / Tableau.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, working with stakeholders at all levels.
- A creative problem solver with the ability to identify process improvement and a logical, systematic approach to drive through implementation.
- Strong ownership and attention to detail, able to understand new concepts, propose appropriate solutions and see through successful, efficient implementation.
- Very strong organisational skills, able to manage multiples teams and projects to meet demanding deadlines.
- Credible in front of Sales, Management and technology teams
- Preference over experience in Cash Equities business, knowledge of Gross commissions, Advisory commissions for advisory services, Execution commission for execution services, understanding of Commission sharing agreements.
- IT development background preferred. Able to drive delivery through excellent requirements management and ability to guide development teams through to completed deliverables.
- Development experience with databases preferred.