Senior Automation Technology Specialist - Banking, London, ITIL, SQL,
- £450 - £550 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 19 Sep 16
A long term requirement and therefore role has been raised for an experienced Automation Technology specialist to come on board and hit the ground running in a high pressure, high performance team. We are looking for experienced and dedicated candidates who are willing to go above and beyond, and gain the credibility they deserve - Meritocratically aggressive promotions have been possible in the team based on performance basis.
Group Technology is headquartered in Singapore and plays a key part of the management of the Bank and has a voice in all major decisions. As such it provides a great opportunity to understand, on a broader scale, how the various businesses work.
Technology power’s Standard Chartered Bank's vision and strategic agenda through the provision of innovative and efficient technology solutions; we will deliver greater value to our business stakeholders; we will improve the skills and flexibility of our people and work more effectively with our internal and vendor service partners.
FM eCommerce Tech Support is responsible for providing exceptional 24*7 sales and trading support in Standard Chartered Bank. The team incorporates a “Follow-The-Sun” model providing 24 hour support in Singapore, Chennai, London and New York. The team has extensive growth plans for global locations. The role will be based on the trading floor and very close to end users.
This is an ideal role for a driven, “can do" technologist who hates to take “no" for an answer, loves the challenge of a fast paced and demanding business environment, and creating value through tools and solutions.
The role requires a challenging and rewarding set of skills to influence the status quo, break down misconceptions about why things have always been done a certain way. A high degree of autonomy will be expected from the role, working to establish priorities with global colleagues, business management and development leads.
You will be involved in building and maintaining tools and support capabilities to industrialise a cutting edge in-house technology, supporting the expansion capabilities of a highly visible growth area for SCB. You’ll be working in a fast paced and demanding financial service trading environment, often committing to long hours to get the job done.
Feedback on your work will be fast and direct. You’ll expect to see the fruits of your labour quickly.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Own the build and maintenance of tools, to industrialize support of a cutting edge in-house trading platform.
• Constantly challenging and seeking new areas for automation of manual tasks from the global team.
• Work with systems development teams ensuring best design, deployment, capacity and operability.
• Working on the trading floor you’ll be analysing requirements real time from users and technical support colleagues, designing and prototyping solutions, through to testing and deployment.
• Ownership of problems to complete resolution
• Communications to stake holders for outages/ releases/ updates on tasks•
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent experience).
• A solid experience in supporting a Fixed Income trading environment in Rates or FX (both preferred)
• Thorough understanding in end to end trade flow, pricing and trade booking.
• Competent in at least one - Shell Scripting / Python / Perl / Java / SOAP
• Competent in DB technology such as SQL / Oracle / Sybase and adhoc query and report generating
• Strong knowledge of Linux environment in performance and maintenance
• Strong knowledge of ITRS monitoring and customisation.
•Development of tools to aid support.
•Strong knowledge and experience of Python.
•Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of production and pre-prod environments, maintenance and implementing procedure process around release deployment through the Dev production lifecycle.
• Experience in Splunk and data capturing.
• Automation of manual tasks for a global user base
• Solid technical understanding and configuration of web based technologies such as apache
• Strong understanding of network infrastructures - TCP/IP and LAN technologies
• Exposure to MarketData Systems such as DACs / RMDS/ TIB/ RV etc
• Excellent troubleshooting skills in a complex trading environment including trade /pricing queries
• An ability to understand business problems and solve with technical solutions.
• Large scale distributed application support and maintenance
• Optional: ITIL v3 Foundation, PRINCE2 or PMP equivalent
• ION Marketview server side and GUI.
•should have basic development skills in a 4GL/scripting language. Therefore having the ability to construct complex queries, building scripts to avoid repetitive tasks
•Must have good understanding of networks (query and understand results from UNIX commands related to TCP/IP stacks)
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.