- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Sep 16
At Sapient Global Markets, we are quite literally on the front line of the biggest issues facing the global markets leaders today – investment banks, asset management firms, wealth managers, oil and energy firms, and government and regulatory agencies. Driving transformation and leading change within these industries requires big thinkers who bring insight, knowledge, technical acumen and passion for innovation. What we offer is the opportunity to join a recognized leader in developing and delivering ground-breaking solutions for today’s dynamic global marketplace and an award-winning culture that fosters growth and leadership.
As Senior Architect at Sapient Global Markets, you will have multiple responsibilities including technical management of project teams, architecture and technical design development, providing best practice points of view within your area of expertise and also being the authority for technology development methods and processes. You will guide the architecture, design, user interface, and technology integration of projects working closely with the client’s technology and management teams. Using your expertise on enterprise-wide trends you will also act as a trusted client and team advisor and realize new business opportunities.
- Work closely with client stakeholders to establish next generation platform technology strategy at a business and technology level.
- Lead the architecture, design and planning of complex custom software solutions or modifying package solutions.
- Accumulate market know-how, industry and technology trends, to enhance and manage knowledge on projects.
- Support vendor evaluation and decisions on technology investments.
- Ability to manage very large architectural systems with large development teams.
- Work with business stakeholders to provide technical solutions that deliver to business needs.
- Consult clients’ senior technical leaders on best practice points of view on Next Generation Platforms.
- Establish and manage high, mid and low level project plans working with a Project Manager.
- Provide leadership and technical direction for multidisciplinary, international teams of 20+ people.
- Lead design, estimation, planning and implementation of IT system related business solutions.
- Lead business development and proposal work, developing client relationships at all levels.
- Ability to deliver compelling presentations to senior internal and client stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Several years of experience in enterprise architecture, design patterns and implementation of custom developed solutions (and/or product integration projects).
- Experience in a consulting or client-facing role in large organisations.
- Team leadership experience leading globally distributed small and medium sized teams including people including managerial experience.
- Mentoring and coaching abilities to ensure growth.
- Extensive client management and consulting experience.
- Experience in the Financial Services and /or Commodities industry highly desired.
- Experience in architecting applications for areas such as Capital markets, Fixed Income, Equities, Asset Management preferred.
- Experience using object oriented design and development methodologies; Agile, Scrum, Kanban.
- Experience of managing the delivery of multiple projects simultaneously.
- This role is primarily Central London based but openness to travel and work on client site is essential.
We are looking for people who can design and implement solutions combining multiple technologies, frameworks and libraries to deliver outcomes that meet business objectives.The ideal candidate will have experience in architecting systems with some of the listed technologies across the following areas:
- Mobile / Tablet applications on Android, iOS and native HTML5 on mobile
- MV* architectures such as AngularJS, React, Ember
- HTML5 with rich user experiences (trading / BI) on desktop
- Delivery across multiple channels
- HTML, CSS, DOM manipulation
- Mobile First, Domain Driven Design and Responsive Web Design
- SOAP and REST based systems
- API Management and Documentation (Swagger.io, I/O Docs)
- Node.JS, Netty, AKKA, CEP engines (Streambase, Apama), IMDB’s (KDB+), NIO
- Languages including Java, C#, Scala, Closure
- High scale, highly transactional, high performance, highly available systems and robust applications
- Continuous delivery and continuous integration
- NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, KDB+, SAP Hana
- HazelCast, GigaSpaces, Hadoop 2.0, Spark, Splunk
- Multi-tenant architectures deployed in the cloud
- Implementations on and migration to Cloud services including Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, Amazon AWS, IBM Bluemix, Rackspace
- SaaS, PaaS and IaaS providers and architectures
- Enterprise data centres including Equinix
- Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Urban Deploy.
About Global Markets
Sapient Global Markets, a part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of services to today’s evolving financial and commodity markets. We provide a full range of capabilities to help our clients grow and enhance their businesses, create robust and transparent infrastructure, manage operating costs, and foster innovation throughout their organizations. We offer services across Advisory, Analytics, Technology, and Process, as well as unique methodologies in program management, technology development, and process outsourcing. Sapient Global Markets operates in key financial and commodity centres worldwide, as well as in large technology development and operations outsourcing centres. For more information, visit www.sapientglobalmarkets.com