Senior Analyst – EMEA Client Services
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Markov Processes International MPI
- 26 Sep 16
Markov Processes International, Inc. (MPI) is seeking a Quantitative Analyst – EMEA to join our London, UK office. This position will be part of our Global Services team and report up to our Director, Global Client Services. MPI is a global provider of investment research, analytics and technology. Its solutions are used by thousands of investment professionals throughout the financial services industry, including: mutual fund and alternative research groups, hedge funds, hedge fund of funds, family offices, institutional investors, consultants, private banks, asset managers, investment advisors and private wealth professionals. For more information, visit www.markovprocesses.com.
This individual will serve as a key frontline member to our EMEA (and occasionally global) clients in terms of supporting our software products, research services and other key firm initiatives. They will be a key front-facing member of our team, and are expected to interact with clients and international team members on a daily basis. They should be comfortable discussing complex quantitative research topics and have a passion and curiosity for finance, fund/portfolio analysis, training/supporting client needs, and strong technical skills.
- Frontline analytical and industry support for clients, leveraging a combination of strong quantitative and technical understanding of our products and our client workflows
- Serving as a key sales support resource during prospect evaluations, with the ability to produce supporting content in a tight deadline environment
- Training clients, and internal team members, on our products and services
- Serving as a key member of our team in producing blogs, white papers and industry opinion pieces on market topics
- Driving key information on client workflows, interests and industry trends to our product, sales, research and marketing teams
- Developing and maintaining expert knowledge of our solutions and products, to the point of being able to help create specifications for future product releases, graphical interface needs and underlying models
While we are willing to consider individuals from all levels of experience, we will place a strong emphasis on both academic background and direct industry/client experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of MPI products/services, such as MPI Stylus, a strong plus
- Strong understanding of financial markets, investment concepts and economics
- Working experience with Factor Models, Returns-Based Style Analysis, Performance Attribution, Risk Management, Asset Allocation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required, with the ability to write compelling content, and strong presentation and phone skills
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Mathematical Finance, Quantitative Finance or other relevant areas from an accredited university/college. Advanced degree in these areas a strong plus