Securities, Execution Services Strat, Analyst/Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 13 Sep 16
DIVISIONAL OVERVIEW Goldman Sachs’ Strats business unit is a world leader in developing quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems. Working within the firm’s trading, sales, banking and investment management divisions, strats use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, measure risk, and identify market opportunities.
ROLES WITHIN SECURITIES STRATS
Securities Strats play important roles in several areas. Some Strats sit on trading desks, creating cutting-edge derivative pricing
models and developing empirical models to provide insight into market behaviour. Others develop automated trading algorithms for
the firm and its clients, taking an active part in the increasing shift from voice to electronic trading. A third group works directly with
the firm’s sales force and clients, analysing exposures, structuring transactions, and applying quantitative concepts to meet client
needs. Between these teams, Core Strats design and develop complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools,
and advanced algorithms.
• Execution Services Strats are responsible for the quantitative and technical aspects of electronic execution. This ranges from
exchange connectivity, smart order routing, algorithmic trading, pre- and post-trade analysis and quantitative research. The team is
also heavily involved in the creation of web-based tools and content for clients using the Marquee platform.
• The Execution Consultation team within Execution Services Strats is focused on providing high quality, bespoke analysis for
clients; consulting with clients to explain and advise on the GS execution offering; tailoring algorithms to each client’s specific
needs; using client feedback to drive product development through continual interaction with the broader team.
• Produce and present periodic post-trade analysis and bespoke research for client meetings.
• Consult with clients and coverage teams on algorithm customisations. Work with developers to implement them.
• Develop relationships with clients and take ownership of and responsibility for the whole client electronic trading experience.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of execution algorithms, smart-order routing and market research.
• Produce, distribute and explain research on market microstructure and execution algorithms.
• Interact with trading, sales, technology and operations teams as required to facilitate client requests.
• Mathematics, computer science, engineering or other quantitative academic background.
• Ability to understand complex problems and to explain the concepts to non-technical clients and colleagues.
• Experience visualising and presenting data.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with and strong interest in equities and electronic execution.
• Experience with at least one programming language.
• Good understanding of probability and statistics.