Sales Executive - Switzerland
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales Executive, focused on Switzerland, to join a growing boutique ETP asset manager.
This role will have be responsible for selling the Company exchange traded funds and exchange traded notes to Swiss investment intermediaries such as private bankers, stock brokers, institutional asset managers and hedge fund managers. The focus is likely to be on German and French speaking regions, as the Lugano is currently covered by Italian colleagues.
The ideal person would be someone who thrives in a naturally dynamic high growth company. You will have at least three years’ experience in a similar business development role and be keen to move to a firm which will offer the opportunity to grow with the business and team. As part of the Sales team you will be exposed to all facets of the business. This is a unique opportunity to have a direct and meaningful impact on the development of a business in its high growth stage.
Start date: Immediate
Location: London, with frequent travel to Switzerland (average 8/10 days a month travelling)
- Provide sales coverage for all client types in Switzerland and other places as required.
- Provide marketing support for events and campaigns.
- Run Swiss PR alongside a Swiss PR company or standalone where needed.
- Maintain company databases and CRM systems where appropriate.
- Work closely with internal sales support.
- Mentor internal sales colleagues to allow them to grow and progress.
- Assist the company in other general tasks that help to build the business and the brand.
- Build relationships across internal and external counterparties to promote a collegial atmosphere.
- Assist with and ensure the Company’s compliance manual and procedures are followed.
- Other corporate objectives as identified and as required.
At least three years’ exposure to the finance sector within a relevant sales role in asset management, investment banking, broking and/or financial services.
- Must be able to organise your day around the patterns of clients and maximise opportunities to catch them on the phone
- Must be persuasive on the phone and in person
- Reliable, diligent and with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication is an absolute requirement of this role
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, team-based environment with a high degree of individual autonomy and direct honest feedback
- Must be able to manage work and prioritise multiple assignments under tight deadlines
- Motivated self-starter, showing creativity and energy
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Strong preference for individuals with experience interacting with investment advisers and/or fund managers
- Prior familiarity with funds/ETFs/ETPs and other investment vehicles
- Able to understand economic and market conditions, and client needs, and translate those into credible views on the appropriateness of different products
- Good MS skills including Word and Excel
- Good understanding of basic statistics
- Experience with Bloomberg or other financial databases
- Experience of CRM systems notably Salesforce
- Good grades in a BSc or BA in business, economics, finance, accounting or any relevant degree
- Fluent in English
- Fluency in German essential
- Fluency in French highly desirable