SQL Developer - Asset Management - London
An excellent opportunity for a SQL Developer to join an exciting Front Office team for a major Asset Manager in London!
My asset management client is looking for a highly SQL experienced and articulate Analyst/Developer to join their front office equities IT team. Being part of a driven, hard-working, and focused development team, you will be involved with the software development life cycle that encompasses the whole of the investment floor, from analysis to development carrying on to post-implementation support and after-care for the Global Equities team, managing assets in and around $50 billion.
Being part of the front office equities team entitles you with heavy reliance on the provision of timely, precise financial data and effective and robust IT systems. If you have a 'can do' attitude and have fantastic communication skills with a passion for top class analyst/investment software development apply now.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
* Effectively analyse requirements and proposals set by the business for a robust end solution
* Developing systems to reduce ongoing support requirements
* Analyse and resolve production system application issues
* Assist with the configuration and testing as required
* BAU Development
* Follow organisations IT standards for documentation & system access
* Identify and remedy support inefficiencies
* MS SQL Server T - SQL Design and development essential
* SQL query performance tuning and internals
* Broad knowledge of other programming languages and technologies
* Experience of the full development lifecycle, building robust scalable systems
* Exposure to capital market products (preferably equities)
* Strong business and technical skills on an individual level
* Tack record with an extensive record of working within a front office environment within an Asset management / investment bank environment supporting strategic front office systems
* Track record of dealings with Brownfield platforms and subsequent reinvention
* Ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements
* good personal skills, i.e patience, courtesy listening skills
* Self-organisation levels is key, as well as time management and prioritisation skills
* Candidate must be articulate - verbal and written communication skills - consultative approach
* Enjoys a challenge in the business environment coupled with good problem solving skills
* Ability to operate under pressure especially working under demanding deadlines
This role is paying a base salary of £70-85k + bonus and benefits!
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.