SQL Analyst Developer
Salary: Base + Benefits + Bonus
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Analyst Developer with strong MS SQL Server T-SQL Design and Development and C#.net skills. Working very closely with front office, you will ideally have capital markets experience and be supporting a very profitable area of the business.Overview of QEP Team and the Investment IT Team
We are looking for an experienced SQL Analyst Developer, to join the QEP IT team. This investment floor role encompasses the whole software development life cycle from analysis and development right through to post-implementation support for the QEP Global Equities team who currently manage assets in the region of $50 billion. The QEP team are an investment unit with a heavy reliance on the provision of timely, accurate financial data and robust and scalable IT systems.
The QEP IT team sits within the Investment IT Team which is tasked with delivering a range of IT solutions primarily for the Investment functions within Schroders.
• Analyse business requirements and proposals for robust “smart” solutions
• Developing solutions to reduce any ongoing support requirement
• Analyse and resolve production system application issues
• Assist with configuration and testing as required
• BAU Development
• Follow IT standards for documentation & system access
• Identify support inefficiencies and remediate
• An individual with both strong business and technical skills
• Have a demonstrable track record of working within a front office environment within an Asset management / Investment Bank environment supporting strategic front office systems
• Track record of excellence dealing with brownfield platforms and subsequent reinvention
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements
• Inter-personal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening skills
• Strong self-organisation, time management and prioritisation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a consultative approach
coupled with a “can-do” attitude
• Enjoys working in a challenging business environment with technically literate business users.
• Good problem solving skills
• Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines
• Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation
• Very strong MS SQL Server T-SQL Design and Development.
• SQL Query performance tuning and internals.
• XML (specifically within SQL)
• Broad knowledge of other programming languages and Technologies
• Experience of the full development lifecycle
• Experience of building robust scalable systems
• Exposure to capital market products (preferably equities)
• SQL CLR.
• Service Broker and/or other messaging technologies.
• C# .Net
• VBA / Excel
• Understanding of other database technologies e.g. NoSQL
• Use of change management tools and processes and version control
• Familiar with full trade lifecycle and operations processes
• Server Infrastructure and Operating systems.
• Continuous integration and automated Deployment
To all recruitment agencies: Schroders does not accept agency resumes without agreed terms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Schroders employees or any other company location. Schroders are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.