Release Manager (Contract) - Leading Financial Institution
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Orbis Consultants
- 14 Aug 17
We are currently assisting our client, a leading financial institution, in the search for a Release Manager to oversee operational releases using formalised project processes and procedures, managing internal stakeholder to deliver technical project dependencies.
- Work with IT Operations and project resources to plan analysis work and highlight risks and issue.
- Ensure a detailed and fully documented production handover (OAC).
- Ensure weekly reporting is maintained showing progress against outstanding milestones, status, resource requirements, issues, risks and dependencies.
- Organise Implementation Planning Meetings.
- Oversee and coordinate change and release management activities including completion of relevant documentation (run books).
- Organise IT Operations resource management.
- Maintain Environments Log.
- Liaise with test teams and obtain sign-offs and evidence.
- Early life support transition over the production go live weekends in conjunction with the incident management team.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience working within Financial Services and an in-depth knowledge of Financial Markets.
- Knowledge of MiFID II.
- Strong ITIL knowledge essential.
- Experience working on concurrent project releases and/or operational transitions.