Rates Production Support
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Jul 16
Nomura are currently looking for a Production support professionals who specialises within Rates on a basis to join their Fixed Income technology team. This role will require someone who has a strong background working within a front office environment and working closely with traders on a daily basis. Strong experience within Rates is required for this position. This is an Associate level hire which is equivalent to AVP.
The prime responsibility of a Rates Production Services team member is to manage the 1st and 2nd line support to the trading, risk, pricing, quoting and STP systems across the Rates and eRates business. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and business knowledge of the Rates space and the tasks\requirements of running within a fast paced environment with a can do attitude.
Provide Production Services Support for a wide range of electronic trading platforms and applications including our suite of in-house based applications and vendor solutions (Bloomberg and ION). Ability to analyze and support electronic trade information, market data, price valuation, and risk from various platforms is essential. Business line coverage includes Fixed Income bonds, bond spreads, global rates, desirable skills would also include structured and credit derivatives. The electronic trading platform architecture consists of multiple external/internal applications designed to facilitate the successful execution of Rates \ Credit \ Structured and Swap trades.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Owenership and Communication of issues.
- Customer Service focused mentality.
- Experience working in a busy Production Support environment.
- Working knowledge of Fixed income Rates products and flows (Credit and Swaps a bonus).
- Experience with electronic trading applications have connectivity to external trading applications such as Bloomberg, Tradeweb,and MarkItWire to send/retrieve information.
- Working knowledge of Risk, P&L, STP and Pricing/Quoting flows
- Minimum 1 year experience with service-based architecture (no GUI).
- Able to navigate in UNIX \ Windows proficently, reading and understanding the UNIX file system.
- A good understanding ITIL practices.
- Able to troubleshoot problems in multiple environments.
- Ability to accurately document and share information with global peer group.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task, and work towards tight deadlines.
- Able to handle a fast paced trading environment.
- Experience of monitoring software and maintaining\improving rulebases.
- Fixed income/derivatives product experience
- Autosys setup and configuration
- FIX Protocol/Understanding of FIX messages
- ION Trading Platform
- STP solutions
Culture & Conduct
- Contributes to desired culture
- Aware of different values / styles
- Maintains own and holds others to high standards of behaviour
- Seeks to develop
- Aware of impact of own strengths / weaknesses
- Learns from experience
- Client-Centricity & Business Acumen
- Demonstrates understanding of current market
- Anticipates client needs
- Pays attention to detail, synthesizes accurately
- Sees problems, recommends solutions
- Strategy & Innovation
- Articulates own contributions to divisional and firm-wide strategy
- Embraces and balances new / differing ways of thinking / working
- Makes decisions appropriate to their role, knows when and how to escalate
- Knows when / how to compromise
- Responds positively to changing needs and circumstances
- Is able to change direction quickly
- Leadership & Collaboration
- Proactively participates in own and others' performance year
- Assists in recruiting and on boarding new team members
- Gives credit to others for positive contributions
- Builds collaborative and productive working relationships
- Provides on-the-job training to colleagues
- Provides and listens to constructive, timely and specific feedback to resolve conflict
- Communication & Connectivity
- Adjusts communication style to suit topic / audience
- Balances listening / talking
- Communicates ideas and issues clearly and with consideration
- Questions to understand others' views
- Is a proven and credible resource
- Builds internal network
- Willingly works with others to share information
- Execution & Delivery
- Maintains positive commitment to results
- Takes on challenging assignments
- Executes priority actions on-time
- Keeps stakeholders updated, manages expectations
- Persists when confronted with resistance
- Seeks, listens to and accepts feedback
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.