Quantitative Developer - Python
- Exc + Bens
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 26 Sep 16
My client, a tier 1 private bank, is recruiting a high calibre candidate to join their team as a Quant developer. The candidate must have in depth Python and C++ knowledge, be experienced in computer science and have a methodological approach to their work.
Overall purpose of role
The position will be in the Quantitative Analytics Central team working on the Driver Based Modelling solution called MEF (Model Execution Framework). The role will require a python quant developer with core responsibilities:
- Technical analysis, design, coding, support, maintenance and testing of components/models within the Model Execution Framework.
- Development of extensions to the MEF for CCAR/PRA Stress testing and Medium Term planning requirements for The UK, Corporate & International areas.
- Support model developers from of Quantitative Analytics group with design, integration and on-boarding of their models into MEF and IT infrastructure.
- Design, implement and document common driver based models following the model life cycle.
- Technical analysis, design, coding, support, maintenance and testing of components within the MEF.
- Work alongside model developers to support development, delivery and integration of their models into MEF framework & IT infrastructure.
- Work within the QA MEF Development team (based across LDN and NYK) to extend MEF solution to support Driver Based Modelling across all of Barclays.
- Extension of MEF to support new regulatory frameworks (CCAR, IFRS9, PRA Stress Testing).
- Strong contribution to the knowledge build out within the MEF team and strategic (off the shelf) technology recommendations for enhancing the MEF solution Stakeholder management and leadership.
- The role involves interacting with people at various levels of the organisation and within various groups.
- The candidate will work closely within the QA MEF team on many projects, but as part of the role will need to work with QA/business/control clients to understand their requirements.
- The candidate will be expected to propose solutions to business requirements and represent QA while working with IT and the business to influence the direction and implementation of projects.
- The QA MEF team is based across multiple regions (LDN, NYK and Prague). The candidate will be expected to work cross region and is responsible for delivering their projects.
- The candidate is also expected to provide ongoing support to both junior and senior team members in the QA MEF Team members to deliver their projects.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Many projects involve development and extension of MEF and its models within IT systems. The candidate must be able to understand the implications of changes to the MEF and models in the wider system. Candidate must have good problem solving skills and must be able to effectively investigate and trouble shoot problems with MEF and its models in systems or by users.
- Risk and Control Objective Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards.
Person Specification Essential Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science from a Top School, or a Master’s Degree in another technical discipline (Physics, Engineering, and Maths) with relevant experience.
- In depth python knowledge.
- Testing and documentation.
- Experience developing in a shared codebase with multiple developers.
- Software engineering techniques.
- Experience in financial institution delivering models.
- Good written and verbal communication in English Preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science.
- Multi-platform development (Windows, Linux).
- Tools and techniques for working within a large C++/Python class library.
- Driver Based Modelling & Statistical Analysis experience.
- Regulatory experience in CCAR/PRA stress testing or IFRS9 impairments.
- Quant library experience.
- In depth C++ knowledge.
- Functional languages.
- Methodical aptitude for problem solving.
- Keen and able to learn quickly.
- Able to adapt to change and work in a fast changing environment.
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Able to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Uses initiative to spot potential problems and finds innovative ways to solve them.
- Able to balance tactical and strategic solutions in line with the overall needs of the bank.