Project Manager (Regulatory systems, Trade Reporting)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 19 Jun 17
A proven track record of successful IT system implementations (regulatory) in an IB environment.
Highlights of department:
The Trade Reporting IT team deliver strategic and tactical development solutions for GBM regulatory reporting.
The Trade Reporting platform is an in-house Java platform running on Oracle Coherence. The platform is being rewritten to be ensure that it meets the demands of the regulators and each component is reusable
The Trade Reporting IT team comprises developers and business/support analysts and technical analysts. The successful candidate will be required to utilise their strong business and technical background, to rapidly build up their knowledge of the HSBC IT environment.
Trade Reporting IT are looking for an agile project manager to take responsibility for the maintain the bank (MTB) project.
- Manage project dependencies associated with cross-platform deployment.
- Work closely with technical service teams and IT management to understand the project requirements, developing effective working relationships and ongoing management processes for the project.
- Define the deliverables, resource requirements and work plan for the projects, and manage their development and delivery.
- To estimate and plan projects from start to finish, with built in contingencies.
- To ensure projects meet internal quality standards.
- Manage, and motivate the cross functional team assigned to the project.
- To conduct project presentations and compile reports.
- Create and foster healthy relationships between the production support team and the development team.
- Maintain best practise when delivering change to production, ensuring that all initiatives are supportable and understood by the production support team.
- A proven track record of successful IT system implementations (preferably regulatory) in an Investment Banking environment as a developer, analyst, and tester. (8 Years in total)
- Team management experience of running a team that is geographically spread (Pune, London, HK)
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual design stage, in the depths of system testing, and at each stage in between.
- Thorough knowledge of agile project management methodology.
- Knowledge of development lifecycle management tools (ideally Java, Jira, QC's)
- Must have an in-depth understanding of working in an Investment Banking IT environment and a detailed knowledge of IT systems. This should include multiple asset classes and Trade event lifecycle management.
- Proven strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and deliver complex projects to tight deadlines.
- Excellent client facing skills - tactful, resolute and committed to providing excellent service levels.
- The ability to foster trust and motivation within the project team to implement optimum solutions and work to challenging deadlines. Able to conduct effective performance evaluations and mentor those with less experience through formal channels.
- The ability to have a strength and passion to influence key decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written - able to 'speak the same language' as the client (in particular the front office, risk management, product control, operations) as well as IT development teams); clearly explain and formally document requirements; chair meetings and track actions, risks & issues; good delegation skills; and good negotiation skills, working with multiple project teams to plan delivery schedules and resolve conflicts.
- Quick thinking with good self-discipline, organisational and leadership skills.
- Used to working in a results driven environment.
- Knowledge/experience of Regulatory systems
- Knowledge of Coherence is optional but good to have