Project Manager - Software Delivery, Credit Risk
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 04 Jul 16
This is a VP level hire within the Risk Technology function at Nomura, the role will require a hands on Project Manager who has experience working with developers and ideally worked within Risk Technology before. The role will require full project life-cycle experience and you will be heavily involved in the delivery and release phase, driving the release through to implementation. Excellent stakeholder management skills will be required and a good understanding of technology will be required to extract data from databases in order to carry out data analysis tasks.
This role will involve managing a portfolio of projects in the Credit Risk Exposure Calculation systems, working with development teams to build and maintain delivery plans through the full project lifecycle including testing and release (working with test managers and release managers). The role will be hands on and will require working directly with business users and stakeholders. The role will not be purely project management and the candidate will be expected to be flexible in helping ensure delivery of the change.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Project Management for software delivery over the full project lifecycle within the Finance Industry
- Strong technical background in IT systems, project management tools (gant charts, estimation, reviewing critical paths)
- Risk IT experience, development experience, experience with large change programs reporting and communication
- Risk background, particularly Credit Risk and exposure calculation (esp Monte Carlo methods)
- Degree in numerate subject (Maths, Computer Science, Physics etc)
Right to Work The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help