- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 20 Jun 17
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
ITEC provides the Information Technology systems to the various business lines in GBS. CTT is the part of ITEC which supports the MARK front office functions and XAE provides the technology services to MARK/PRM, MARK/CTY and MARK/EQD. This mainly covers the Front Office Trading platforms but some ancillary services too.
Summary of the Key Purposes of the Role
• Manage the SDMA (Sponsored Access) project globally, ensuring the successful delivery of the various ITEC streams (Janus, PTRC, Limit Edge 2.0)
• Provide clear communication to the various business stakeholders, balancing priorities appropriately.
• Ensure solutions are fully compliant in relation to external regulatory bodies and internal audit and inspection recommendations.
Summary of Responsibilities
• Work with Front Office and Risk departments to define and implement the IT strategy for the SDMA business
• Secure and manage the budget to execute and sustain the strategy
• Manage and drive the IT roadmap and deliverables
• Build and manage a detailed project plan, evaluating progress regularly
• Provide accurate reporting to senior management
• Ensure failover and resiliency capabilities of solutions exceeds client expectations
• Ensure compliance with SG internal project management standards (Prime)
• Ensure compliance with all SG internal policies regarding control and supervision
• Work with stakeholders (SAFE/RISK/COMPLIANCE) to drive regulatory compliance of the systems across all global jurisdictions
• Operational responsibility for the SDMA platform
• Change management oversight for the SDMA platform
• FIX drop copy management is owned by PRD; set and manage SLA including regular service reviews
• Janus product development is owned by the Janus Application manager and vendor; attend weekly meting
• Requirements driven by Risk and Front Office; weekly meeting to manage delivery and priorities
• Real-time risk management delegated to Risk department; weekly meeting to review incidents
• Decision to block client trading is delegated to Risk; governed by existing procedures
• Global support of platform delegated to PRD and GTS; monthly service review meeting
Level of Autonomy and Authority
• Authority over the SDMA project globally, including budgeting and resourcing.
• Autonomy, ability to lead and drive project direction
• Ownership, taking accountability for actions and decisions
• Risk focused; ability to evaluate and mitigate the various risks associated with the business environment and the project delivery. Understanding of the importance of the regulatory regime in relation to SDMA and listed derivatives globally.
• Delivery focused; ability to meet deadlines
• Client focused, but happy to challenge appropriately
• Exceptional project management skills including planning, time-management and tracking
• Open and collaborative; keen to share experience and encourage others to do likewise
• Comfortable in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
• Innovative, seeking out cross-functional opportunities for optimizing cost and operational efficiency
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; clear, concise communication is essential
• Ability to co-ordinate multiple project teams and manage effectively across diverse cultural and geographic locations
• Proven track record of project management and delivery
• Experience of exchange traded derivatives
• Experience of traditional and agile project management techniques
• Experience of working with third party vendors
• Operational experience of supervising production trading systems
• Track record of motivating teams in a global context
• Degree level, preferably in a relevant discipline.
• Recognised project management certification.
• English essential
• French beneficial
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.