Programme Manager / Consultant - Capital Markets - Operations Change
- Salary:£90,000 - £100,000
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Permanent, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:19 Sep 16
Revenue sales / Bid management / Delivery / Programme Manager / Capital Markets / Investment Banking / Operations Change / Consultant / OTC derivatives / Fixed Income and Equities / Cash and Collateral Management / Clearing and Settlement / Operations Risk
For this “Big 4” Consultancy firm we are looking for a Programme Manager / Management Consultant with strong Change experience within Capital Markets arena to work on a number of complex initiatives around Operations Transformation space. You will help grow the Capital Markets practice, taking responsibility for revenue targets, expanding the pipeline of opportunities and developing value propositions for the market in which we operate. You will support the practice Partner to:
• Deliver an individual revenue sales target.
• Mentor and coach other members of the team.
• Develop and convert a pipeline of opportunities.
• Fulfil a key role in account and sector development within Capital Markets, assisting senior management to build the top line.
• Formulate propositions and solutions that meet client requirements in addition to managing and directing pursuit activity.
• Build and maintain strong client relationships within the sector, leveraging proven industry content and delivery capability.
• Perform a senior role in delivery of engagements as required. Anticipated utilisation target circa 30%.
• Consulting Sales, with a target of £1million+ per annum. Strong bid management abilities, with a proven ability to mentor and train Consultants.
• Solution development, showing a clear ability as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to enhance existing solutions, and develop new ones, with specific emphasis on Operations Transformation and Best Practice.
• People management, building a team of consultants with the right mix of grades, competencies and experience to support client opportunities and projected growth.
• Project management, with a proven ability to work as Engagement Manager on sold projects, and Programme Director, running multiple client projects simultaneously.
Skills and experience
• Consulting background with successful track record of Business Development for Capital Markets.
• In-depth experience gained in either a buy-side or sell-side institution with exposure to shaping and delivering significant programmes of Operational Change. Key areas of interest include operating model analysis and design to support Operations consolidation and integration, business divestment and sourcing, new product/market strategies.
• In-depth understanding of the key industry, market and regulatory drivers shaping the industry and an ability to articulate these by way of client opportunities. Key areas of interest include OTC derivatives, Fixed Income and Equities, Cash and Collateral Management, Clearing and Settlement, all aspects of Operations Risk and associated risk mitigation.
• In-depth understanding of the pre and post trade transaction value chain together with an appreciation of the threats and opportunities presented by market and regulatory change agendas.
• Demonstrable expertise in building and leveraging relationships.
• The ability to present to C-Level decision makers.
• Experience of leading multiple, diverse and complex client programmes' and having accountability for managing resources, potential over-runs, billing, and recovery.
• Experience of managing teams.
• Strong interpersonal & written communication skills.
• Self-starter and strong team player.
• Sector knowledge is a pre requisite, across any or all asset classes.