Programme Director - OTC/Futures Clearing, listed Derivatives
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 31 Aug 16
Programme Director - OTC/Futures Clearing, listed Derivatives, large scale migration project
Overall purpose of role:
- This role is to be the Programme Manager of the Horizon Initiative.
- Horizon in turn is phase 3 of the ACMe strategy for the House and client Clearing businesses
- ACMe will consolidate ADS Operational Functions and Technology within the FIS Global Utility on a single GMI platform over several phases.
- ACMe Phase 1 - Creation of FIS Utility
- ACMe Phase 2 - ADSU will migrate the clearing of house and client OTC business by October 2016.
- ACMe Phase 3 - Horizon will migrate the house and client European and Asia PLC Futures by end Q4 2017
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
This section should include:
- Key specific accountabilities
- Responsible for project execution and project delivery within the agreed timelines and budget throughout the project lifecycle
- Acts as first point of escalation for business related items and BOW prioritization
- Project Management:
- Responsible for project delivery
- Manages project communications
- Drives resolution of risks and issues
- Ensures coordination of functional teams
- Stakeholder Management & Communication:
- Works with ADS Business partners, Technology & Operations in the retained organisation and the FIS Clearing utility to understand business goals & priorities
- Matrix management and indirect influence of project members across these groups and to gather, set out and plan delivery of desired outcomes
- Presentation to senior management & front office on progress of prioritized items & management of issues.
- Responsible for managing and influencing change within time constraints by negotiating priorities and timelines with team & business stakeholders.
- Communication & negotiation with external stakeholders (FIS Utility)
- Stakeholder management and leadership.
- It is essential that this individual has a breadth of experience in engaging MD level stakeholders and partners.
- Political savvyness and prior experience of implementing a body of work of this scale (e.g. replacing 300 downstream feeds through a complex data distribution mechanism) is essential.
- This person will need to liaise with MD level business partners across Markets and ADS, as well as TEC level Technology partners (i.e. the IB Technology CIO and his direct reports). They will also need to engage with a similar level of individual at the Vendor utility FIS (formerly Sungard).
- Negotiation, diplomacy, tact, brevity, frankness and superb communication skills are absolutely fundamental to this role
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Complex problem solving skills and an understanding of front to back Clearing architecture is required to be truly effective in this role as it will require considerable evaluative judgement and analytical skills
- Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
- Essential skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Extensive experience in managing large programs of this scale across multiple user groups and applications
- Extensive experience in project delivery across all phases of project lifecycle
- Extensive Clearing Industry experience
- Extensive experience managing projects utilising GMI or Ransys applications or both
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound Product knowledge and/or Barclays institutional knowledge (ideally both) across over the counter (OTC) for Rates, Credit & FX and Listed derivatives
- Regulatory knowledge - Regulatory Bodies: ESMA (European Securities & Markets Authority) and CFTC (US Commodity Futures Trading Commission), including, but not limited to, Transaction Reporting, Mandatory Clearing.
- Agile & Lean methodology training
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.